Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a question to ask for a friend of mine. He has been doing some work on his 2015 F250 crew cab XL lately and is having trouble with some of his lights in the cab. Specifically the passenger side reading lights in both front and back.

He had replaced the head unit and ran new cabling to add a couple amps and a sub. After putting things back together he noticed that the underhood light wasn't working as well as the dome lights. Found that a fuse was blown. He replaced it and everything started working again until he would turn on one of the passenger side reading lights.

He had replaced the bulbs with led replacements from recon as well in case that matters. Is their some sort of relay that is not working that would happen to seperate out just those passenger side reading lights?

I had him check with a bolt meter and he said that he has no voltage to the sockets on the passenger side while he has 12+VDC to the drivers side. Are these light physically wired differently from side to side?

What can he check next? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any suggestions as to what to try or what to look for? Pinched wire somewhere maybe? Just not sure why it would be seemingly isolated to the passenger reading lights unless somehow the are wired seperately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts