Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dome light usually doesnt come on when i open my door on my 00 f250 7.3. but at a party the other night it worked the enitre night, until the next morning. my question is where is the switch on the door that tells it the door is opend or closed, im guessing its stuck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i believe its just there in the door jam? could be way wrong but look and see if you can find it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can any body show me where it is? pics would be great

·
Registered
68 Posts
You said only the driver side isn't working, but the other doors work so we rule out fuse and bulb. Remove the driver side door trim panel and look down to the lower left (as your facing gutted door) for the switch. Remove the connector and jump the circuit. If the light comes on you found the problem area. Remove the switch and check for corrosion or loose connector to switch issue. Replace switch or troubleshoot wiring to GEM. The connector should have a black and black/yellow wiring.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the switch is behind the trim panel? how does it register that the door is closed or not if it doesnt contact anything?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the same problem, the switch is in the door latching mechanism. I verified by opening another door then used a screw driver to close the latch and the lights went out then came back on when I pulled the handle to undo the door latch.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yes it is the actual latch inside the door.

Stealing for a living , Go big or Go home

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn, so i have to pull the latch then? thats a pain

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
its more often the connection of the switch to the wire. the switch very rarely goes back just check and clean the connection as a start.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the same problem, the switch is in the door latching mechanism. I verified by opening another door then used a screw driver to close the latch and the lights went out then came back on when I pulled the handle to undo the door latch.
Finally tore apart my door to find out a cable was hanging and where it is suppose to attach GONE, I found a hole at the bottom of the latch. Now the problem is finding another latch, I cant find one on the internet. So aggravating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts