Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright ive been kinda lost in this mod. even after watching maintains vid and reading countless write-ups its just not clicking. in most writeups it says you need to solder two wires on each end of the resistor, but in his video he just used the resistor itself, which is what i wanna do. the part i cant figure out is how to insert the resistor. do you just fold it and put each end inside the right eye and mouth of the plug??? :dunno:

·
Registered
521 Posts
How I have seen it is that you take the resistor and "SHORT" it between the to wires on the plug and then plig it back into the sensor.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what exactly do you mean by "short"???

·
Registered
521 Posts
Stick one side of the Resiator in one side of the plug and then the other into the other side of the plug.
Since it is a resistor it doesn't actually short (unless you ground the rest out somehow) It just changes the resistance to fool the PCM into thinking that to HPOP is at a lower pressure. To compensate it raises the Injection Pressure. Which will most likely turn on the SES light.

When I did this mod My 97 set a code and then when the SES light came on I lost power. So I went to a chip and never looked back.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol im just gonna try it out today curiosity gets the best of me

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Skip this mod and buy the TONY WILDMAN CHIP from your "future upgrade" list...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol bank account isnt quite where it needs to be in order to buy that. so marty you just bend the resistor in two and put oneend in the mouth and other in the right eye???

·
Registered
521 Posts
I agree with Maintain. The mod did help the go pedal response. But it was short lived when the SES light came on.

A chip will wake the best with in.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I agree with Maintain. The mod did help the go pedal response. But it was short lived when the SES light came on.

A chip will wake the best with in.
You can try different resistance to NOT set the SES light, sometimes 10K won't work for your truck :thumb:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Just stick the end in, bend it a bit, and then do the same to the other end. Once each end is bent into a U shape just put both ends in the appropriate hole and then push the ICP sensor back on. Tape up the sensor and resistor to ensure nothing gets in there and sets a constant code like mine did.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Just stick the end in, bend it a bit, and then do the same to the other end. Once each end is bent into a U shape just put both ends in the appropriate hole and then push the ICP sensor back on. Tape up the sensor and resistor to ensure nothing gets in there and sets a constant code like mine did.
Did you try OTHER ones? or just the 10K one? :confused:

It shouldn't set a light if you get the right one in :thumb:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Did you try OTHER ones? or just the 10K one? :confused:

It shouldn't set a light if you get the right one in :thumb:
It didn't start setting a light until I didn't tape it up well and got crud in it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
wheres the video im thinkin about doin i

1 - 15 of 15 Posts