Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday, I dropped Black Betty off at a friends who is going to weld in new inner and outer rockers and cab corners. While it's getting that work done, I got to thinking about the sound system. PO put in a cheap touchscreen and some decent door speakers, but there is NO bass at all.

I decided it was time to do something about that. I have Android Auto in 2 other vehicles and love it so knew that was the direction I would go.
For a head unit, I deviated from my usual choice of Pioneer and decided on the Jensen CAR8000 with a 10in display. I have usually overlooked Jensen because they weren't feature rich units. This one is a game changer for them and compares favorably with units costing a few hundred more.
Back in my youth, I would sacrifice my entire back seat for bass. As I have gotten older, I decided that I wanted good bass but did not want to sacrifice much space. My choice was a 12" Memphis Audio powered sub. I have had Memphis subs and amps in the past and have been pleased with them.
I also ordered a back camera to install at the same time. I can't wait until Black Betty is back home and we get a warm day (a big IF in Illinois this time of year) to get to work on the install. I have already amused myself by connecting the wiring harness to the stereo. I'm doing as much work as I can on my workbench to shorten the install time. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got my truck back and decided (on a cold and rainy day) to install the stereo gear that bought. The only hard part was figuring how to get the dash trim off. The sub adds that much needed bass and the big screen is great. I still have to unbolt the back seat to put the sub in place but that will wait until a warmer day.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Can we get side shots and driver side views of the new radio

Thanks

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I need to add speakers to the Excursion or I guess want. A big touch screen would be nice

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Is the screen removable or does it stay in all the time

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Reactions: 6riders

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spaceballs...best, movie, EVER!

"I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes..."
Heck yeah. I work a night shift and sometimes I get to work early and sit and watch a movie! Spaceballs is one of my favorites (along with Young Frankenstein).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts