Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F250 2004 6.0
It did this to me last summer and I though I fixed it by replacing the EGR valve. :dunno: Once the engine gets warm. Dose not mater if I'm sitting at a red light or in park or going 70 down the hyw. Power surges from hell then the engine trys to jump out of the truck. It starts missing really bad as if it is running on only 3 cyl then just dies. Oil, air, fuel, Clean filters and fresh oil. its got to be something someone here has had to fix because the dealer is to stupid to figure it out. Please help, Thanx

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
try another dealer or diesel shop

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
My bro's truck was doing the same thing. it would jump while sitting at a light or going down the freeway on cruise. It was his ICP sensor. Check that out.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bro's truck was doing the same thing. it would jump while sitting at a light or going down the freeway on cruise. It was his ICP sensor. Check that out.
Gona try that. Did it throw any coads?

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
his truck did not throw any codes or CEL's for that problem.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine was doing somthing similiar and I changed the ICP and its a whole new truck now.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just gona go buy the part and be done w/it so I don't have to deal w/Ford anymore. How much did you pay for yours? and where is it located?

·
Registered
208 Posts
i've got an ICP w/harness pigtail that i bought off ebay before i found out it was for 04+ and wouldn't work on my 03 if you want it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i've got an ICP w/harness pigtail that i bought off ebay before i found out it was for 04+ and wouldn't work on my 03 if you want it.
I'm gona check on monday to see how much ford wants, how much do you want? Do you know for sure it works from the person you got it from?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm just gona go buy the part and be done w/it so I don't have to deal w/Ford anymore. How much did you pay for yours? and where is it located?
its behind the turbo, under the uppipes by the heat sheild on the rear of the block

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having same problem and is getting worse. Does it sometimes if I hit a bump in road. Where is the sensor located and how much are they?

·
Registered
208 Posts
its behind the turbo, under the uppipes by the heat sheild on the rear of the block
depends - on later 04's and on it is in the valve cover, ive been told.

on ym '03 it was where you described.

The sensor and pigtail i have were sold as new, but did not come in OEM packaging, so I cannot prove it. I will PM you later when I am a little more concious, TEX.

·
Registered
59 Posts
sounds more like the engine wiring harness to me.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought it just haven't had time to replace it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I replaced it w/a brand new one from Ford and it is still doing it. I'm gona replace the TPS next and see if that dose anything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I told you it may be the wiring harness. Many of them have gone bad even most techs don't know what to look for. My buddy finally got his 04 fixed after 3 years of surging. He replaced the wiring harness for a $100 deductible and problem solved.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
good luck bro

1 - 20 of 21 Posts