Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any gaskets that need replacing? Like the intake mani gaskets? Or any others?

Any cheap mods I should do while I'm in there?

Thanks guys really appreciate all the help this forum offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
220 Posts
The intake manifold gaskets are cheap and I would do the turbo feedline gasket and drain line o-rings.
Agreed. I also did the STC fitting, the blue spring mod and tore my turbo apart and cleaned it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parts numbers on that gasket? And the orings?

I have read a lot about the Sti fittings looks like a kinda big kit, where Is it and what does it do.

Also the upgraded turbo drain tube can you buy that for the dealer?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Watch this youtube video.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't there an upgraded turbo drain tube? Called local ford they said $200

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you have the time and a machine shop is open, take the intake manifold and get it hot tanked, I done that and it made a world of difference on the low end.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so no stc on my truck weird. Why not?

What was that $200 oil tube then?? Local dealer found that kit for $59.99 does it come with that mentioned turbo gasket. O rings are clearly included.

Is there anything else with the turbo assembly I'm missing?

Got them to make up this list for me, bottom one is oil drain kit, next 2 up are banjo bolt and washer can't remember what the rest are except for the intake gaskets.

Need to get more parts and **** ready for this overhaul

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The main reason I'm going into her is just to install egr delete and clean the turbo (surges on moderate acceleration) I will be doing the heads again in the spring bpd oil cooler, mtw stage 3, some kind of injectors, other stuff. So not trying to totally bulletproof just do ness scary to keep the girl on the road for the -40C winter up here in Canada. I'm wondering if I should just order all these parts from tousley and do them on my next days off in a month or so, get a big pile of stuff ready to through in.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If the cooler isn't busted and the ect and eot aren't in terrible shape, why not just wait and do it all at one time? If the cooler is shot, well no choice there.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Iunno felt like doing something haha

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great way to get to know the engine bay. It's a pita to work in, but gotta love it. Most stuff is just time consuming, trying then cussing it out and walking off, then come back and it's ouit in 5 minutes. Go figure.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what of I just pull the turbo and clean it and get a general feel for what all is down under there?

Take it apart clean it and then keep working with the guys in this thread to compile a list and room full of little parts I'm going to need to bulletproof this thing

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pulling the turbo is the bulk of the work. The rest doesn't hardly take any time at all. I would suggest flushing the cooling system now if you haven't and assuming that doesn't break so much crap loose it clogs the oil cooler just drive it until you have all your parts together and then have at it. One thing you could do to get by is remove the passenger side up pipe itself and weld a slug in the back and make it till you do tear it down. I done that at first and drove with a 22* delta for a few months while I piled up my parts, then went and done it all at one time. Every truck is different so do not take that as the gospel.

My list was what's in the sig, plus stand pipes and dummy plugs. After my snafu with a pipe plug a couple weeks ago killed my pmax, while it's out, I done the stc fitting.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is the slug thing that you talk about?

I have 20L of elc on standby any info
On a thread to do the flush?

Might just pull turbo and clean it, put egr delete in and the coolant flush I guess and see how Long it lastes

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm in the middle of going, started two hours ago, got a bit done. Pulled egr valve took pics what's it mean it its all gooey?? Attached some pic

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any more tips and tricks would be helpful, I could figure out how to get the 1/2 inch into the drive belt tensioner so just pulled it off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts