Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done an ICP write up for the 6.0 w/ the sensor under the turbo? I'm getting ready to do mine in a minute and was going to attempt to take some pics and a full write up if it hasn't already been done. If it has been done, does someone know where I can find the link?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
You will need to remove the heat shield from behind the turbo up-pipe first. This requires removal of two 10mm and one 13mm bolt. The 13mm bolt will be difficult to access. You will need about a three to four inch extension attached to the socket. Once you have all three bolts removed, and the shield finessed out of the way, you'll need to slide the "tinfoil" cover off of the sensor and unplug. To remove the sensor, you'll either need a 1-1/16" wrench that you can cut in half and use the open end of the wrench to remove. Or you can purchase this socket that is specifically designed for this very purpose: S6196KR, Socket, Ford ICP Sensor, 1 1/16", 3/8" square drive.

Once you have replaced the sensor, I strongly recommend replacing the pigtail connector to it too. To make it easier to work with, I recommend removing the FICM to enable disconnecting the IPR valve so that you have more room to work with when you splice in the beefier replacement pigtail connector.

Ford part numbers:
3C3Z-9F838-EA ICP sensor
5C3Z-12224-A Pigtail connector

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What else do I have to remove? Does the turbo have to come off? I'm not doing a write up. I've already started breaking things.:doh:

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
What else do I have to remove? Does the turbo have to come off?
QUOTE]
NOPE. Everything written above, is all that needs to be removed. You remove the sensor from under the vehicle. You splice in the new pigtail connector from inside the engine compartment up above.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
get ready for your arm to get chewed up from reaching arond the trans

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I don't think I'm gonna try it. I've never worked on this truck before and frankly, I'm worried i'm gonna :censored: something up evenworse than I have. I've already broke a the exhuast down pipe clamp and an intake boot (thought they had to come off). I can't get to the 13mm. Thanks for the info though, I just don't have the testicular fortitude to complete this myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts