Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, It was stuck in the sand for twenty minutes or so :doh: but with some elbow grease. 2x4's and an axe We managed to dig my truck out the hole i put it in. :woot: there were two vehicles with me but they could not have pulled me out. A NIssan Pathfinder and an 05 Grand Cherokee

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
thats funny, friday night i had mine stuck in the mud on a trail for 6 hours. a 2500 chevy couldnt budge me. had to dig her out and do a bunch of slack and yanks... glad we had beer and pizzza, but i was stuck till 5 am! not to hijack, but ive never been in sand like that, we just have mud around here

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
whats with the hatchet indian ninja sword??? sand like that sucks ive never been stuck but i dont play too much

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn looie you keep that up youll be hitch hicking to chicago
I know Stump. I almost shat myself cuz i thought i broke something.

As for the hatchet, i got it at a yard sale for a dollar. It was homemade! I also used it as a shovel to dig the sand out of the way of my tires so i could go in reverse out of there. Going forward didnt work!

·
powerstrokin
2,857 Posts
nice pics. I've seen numerous people get stuck in sand like that down in OBX, NC on the beach.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I like the spyder logo :thumb:
The getting stuck thing sux tho.... but you always get to keep the cool stories :)

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Good deal, Looie! So where were you playing at?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Look at the bed and cab even flexing :hehe:

Sucks when you're stuck! Nice pix!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
My 4 year old son walked by the computer as I was looking at your pics and he goes, " Oh Dad, thats a cooooooolll monster truck."

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
Gotta love how sand gets everywhere too!:nod: NOT! :)

Glad you were able to get it out fairly easily.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
nice pics. I've seen numerous people get stuck in sand like that down in OBX, NC on the beach.
Sorry for the hijack, But where you from i live on the OBX and you see about a truck get stuck at oregon inlet every 10 minutes but luckily there is a bunch of ******** with 50+ inch tires that like sit there and wait to pull you out.

We have alot of sand like that i just slack up the tires a bit and let er' eat!

One thing i did notice is alot of the mudgrip tires do the worst in the sand if you start spinning because its just a hispeed shovel.

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im from Yuma arizona. I also probly should have aired down my tires. and I am also not the sharpest tool in the shed!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have also seen tons of people stuck in the sand in the Outer banks. I haven't had a chance to get my truck down there yet, but plan on it as soon as my knee heals from surgery. Believe it or not, the best vehicle I've ever had on the beach there was a bonestock '99 Isuzu Trooper. It was absolutely awesome in the sand.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
yeah i was gonna mention airing down helps A LOT!!! i can take my truck just about anywhere in the dunes here in cali as long as i air down, otherwise i just sink.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts