Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen where some people are saying their truck puked again after they had it studded and put a tune on it . I just had my truck studded with a1 tech. H 11 studs and I'm wanting to put my sct back on my truck but last thing I want is puking again , I only run race on my sct .

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
It should only puke again if the stud job was not performed correctly. If the heads were machined well and quality OEM gaskets were used you should be fine. My 6.4 hasn't puked once after my head studs went in.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Check your coolant level. It may be too high. Start there, if the level is fine then change the cap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine isn't puking , I have read on here where people said theirs started puking as soon as they tuned it again , was just seeing if anyone had this problem before I tune mine again

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Oh. Well that's good to hear. Drive it and enjoy it. No puking is good. :thumb:

·
Registered
933 Posts
mine puked until it was about 1/2 an inch below the min line and stopped with the tune, but im still on stock heads

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I think that most of the puking that you are referring to is because the coolant level was to high. If it is too high it will puke until it gets the coolant low enough and it will stop.
I had my studs done and never even returned it to stock to have it done. It was/is still tuned with SPD and it has not puked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Mine never did either. Used ford gaskets and arp's. Gotta deal on the gaskets so i figured why not, this was when the BO's were all the rage.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
it will puke if the job was done incorrectly or the heads are bad. also it does take long for the black onyx gaskets to fail if those were used. those were a big problem for many who did head studs. if the job was done right and the coolant is at the correct level than you should have no issues with the tune.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
puked A LOT one time since studs installed in '08. Was going up about a 6% grade passing trucks 75mph+ and egr cooler blocked but not removed and flash boiled I think. Was running xtreme street. Now running spd w/EL dd hasn't puked since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts