Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got my gauges installed and everything seems to be good.At cruz speed (50mph) my EGT's are around 450-500,tranny stays at 125* and the boost reads about 3psi. From a stand still to wide open boost hits 22psi and the EGT's hit 1100* and the trans temp stays the same. Just woundering if this sounds normal? All this is on an 02 7.3l with 315/75-16 procomp tires, farmboy 4"exhaust,Air raid air intake and my superchips set at 6000+ safe tow mode.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't know a whole lot but that sounds good to me my is about the same the only diferance is I have an 6spd and my boost is a little higher but other than that sounds ok to me.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sounds about right to me.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
yes it sounds great! My trany stays a little cooler than that but i really only got to drive it in the rain since the my new gauges i put in. May i ask what kind did you get? I got some new dipricol optixs...

·
Registered
55 Posts
My numbers are not far from yours, they are normal.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Yes they sound about right. Boost could be higher with a tune from DP or TW but sounds right for Superchips tunes. Fill out your sig with all your mods. I would also support that auto trans with a VB.

NCH

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Can't really judge if those are right going by mph. It really depends on how far you're foot is in it, and the grade you're on, and how heavy you are, but they sound pretty close to me too for cruising #'s.

ditto on the dp tuner :thumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes they sound about right. Boost could be higher with a tune from DP or TW but sounds right for Superchips tunes. Fill out your sig with all your mods. I would also support that auto trans with a VB.

NCH
Sig. is now filled out a little better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts