Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just changed my fuel filter on the rail and it sure looks odd??? Is this correct, never looked this way before. i would guess that 30-40% is clean, so maybe 60% full of fuel.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
All the white dots? I have always been under the assumption they are water absorbing beads so that the filter not only separates but absorbs water to prevent water reaching the injectors

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the white dots u r seeing is the reflection of the camera flash off the fuel still on the filter.

·
Banned
3,782 Posts
What about the part where half the filter is dirty, and half of it is spotless?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats is what im inquiring about, half clean means fuel chamber only half full?????

*** remember this filter lays on its side on the frame rail, this is not the filter on top of the motor that sits vertical.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
That's a aftermarket filter, not a Motorcraft!

Watch this video, at 7 minutes in you will see what's going on. I recommend you watch the whole video.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats the answer i was looking for. thanks!
just trying to save buck!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
dont try to cut costs with the fuel and oil filters. you can get them cheaper through international. i got both my fuel filters in a kit in a international box for 32 dollars with tax from my local international dealer. i wanna say they are like 70 or more at the dealer. idk but u can purchase both oil and fuel filters and save alot of money

1 - 9 of 9 Posts