Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered the bulletproof diesel egr cooler and have heard that everyone just gets a tuner and turns the egr valve off. Is this just as good as deleting the kit?

Also I am unstudded but everything else has been done. Any good tunes out there for people that havent studded and are looking for economy tunes that are safe? It seems like I have heard to get "Erics" tunes whoever he is or innovative tune.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You probably won't have any egr problems with that set up and the egr turned off. Probably cheaper to just delete it though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Since you have orders the upgraded cooler their is no need to turn the EGR valve off, imo.
now deleting the cooler is a hole different deal you would need to turn the EGR off because of the (CEL code i thinks its p0405 EGR insufficient flow) I did a EGR delete and went with power hungry performance ficm and ecm hybread tune which turns the EGR off (same as a SCT tuner will) Why did you replace your degas bottle? as far as custom tunes go its all what you want from your truck, I had PHP build in the extreme tow (+25hp) I felt that was enough for what i do and want from my truck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you have orders the upgraded cooler their is no need to turn the EGR valve off, imo.
now deleting the cooler is a hole different deal you would need to turn the EGR off because of the (CEL code i thinks its p0405 EGR insufficient flow) I did a EGR delete and went with power hungry performance ficm and ecm hybread tune which turns the EGR off (same as a SCT tuner will) Why did you replace your degas bottle? as far as custom tunes go its all what you want from your truck, I had PHP build in the extreme tow (+25hp) I felt that was enough for what i do and want from my truck
My degas was just dirty looking and discolored. They were only like $40 to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts