Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 F-350 is having a really hard time starting these past couple of mornings. It takes a lot of white smoke and 1-2 minutes to get it started, and then its a really rough idle til it gets warmed up a bit. I've watched Bill Hewitts (powerstrokehelp.com) video (
) on this kind of problem and he is a huge supporter of Archoil (9100 in the oil and 6200 in the fuel). Just wondering if this actually works? Is this a pretty permanent fix?

I haven't really done any concrete testing yet besides just how it starts and how it idles for the first few minutes. After its warmed up it sounds great and runs like a champ!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any experience at all with the 7.3? Great info in the other post though. Thanks!

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just try it. And stop watching bills videos. Sometimes, like this, he's spot on. He does have a bit of bad advice though. Come here next time you have a problem.
Thanks Patriot. What kind of bad advice does he give? Just curious.

·
'consent of the governed'
5,751 Posts
Other people can clarify better than I can. All I'm saying is that he does have some good info, but always check here before you act on his advice. Check out Diesel Tech Ron instead.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,687 Posts
What I got from the videos I've seen is that he throws all new parts at it when a truck goes in his shop. Not saying he doesn't know what he's talking about but his solution for most stuff is fully "bullet proofing" the 6.0. IMO he does a lot of unnecessary work. Just my .02

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts