Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know why the makes of body lifts only cover
f-250/f-350 gas trucks and exclude diesels???
i want to get a 3" body lift for my 99 cclb dually does anybody know
of a kit out their?

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have never heard of a body lift for a diesel mainly because they use polyurethan bushings and the weight of a diesel will crush the blocks, they sale leveling kits and also u could buy blocks and lift the front and rear by raising the leaf springs but i dont think a body lift kit is available

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
because they dont make one. you have to cut and weld the ic pipes. i had it done on my old truck. you just purchase the gasser lift kit and make it work.

i have never heard of a body lift for a diesel mainly because they use polyurethan bushings and the weight of a diesel will crush the blocks, they sale leveling kits and also u could buy blocks and lift the front and rear by raising the leaf springs but i dont think a body lift kit is available
the weight is only the body. the gasser kits work

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I can tell you never dealt with a body lift in your life.

Let me get one thing straight right now. A body lift does not move the engine. It does not move the suspension. All a body lift does is move the body 3 inches from the body mounts on the frame.

Now why can you not find a body lift for a diesel. Ok when you actually buy a body lift it should have brackets to relocate the radiator. If it does not then you have a cheap kit.

But when you raise the body you also raise the core support. What does the core support contain in a diesel that a gas engine does not have. An intercooler. So if you raise the core support 3 inches up. You have to drop the intercooler 3 inches back down along with the radiator. Or at least you should so it is centered on the engine fan.

This is the only reason why you can not find a body lift made for a diesel powered truck.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
What bigcountry said. Plus why do a body lift, they look :supergay:. Just get a suspension lift and do it right.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
What bigcountry said. Plus why do a body lift, they look :supergay:. Just get a suspension lift and do it right.
say what? so does my old truck look gay lol. it had both 8" suspension and 3" body :woot: had to do the body to clear the 38's

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
So how come they don't make a kit for the 95-98 Fords without an intercooler?
radiator....

A body lift would make it alot easier to do headstuds, bigger turbo kits... etc.. etc...etc...:thumb:

·
Registered
856 Posts
say what? so does my old truck look gay lol. it had both 8" suspension and 3" body :woot: had to do the body to clear the 38's

FLAMING!!! :supergay:

I'm just teasin. Man....that was a clean lookin truck:nod:. You went from one extreme to the other.

·
Registered
455 Posts
UH ...NO. None of this is correct.

Never run blocks in the front...period.

Weight of the truck has no effect on the polygraphite blocks used for the body lift because the engine is below the body.

They don't make one for the S/D for the reason Jamz posted. The inter cooler tubes run through the core support and are attached to the engine. They will not work in stock form when you raise the body 3"'s.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
I guess im used to chevys with body lifts and you could throw a football between the frame and body and it looks completely gay. Plus chevy frames sit low as hell anyway.

Those stacks look like they could use some enzyte or something though.:hehe:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
body lifts are for chevy blazers. do it right get a 6" susp. lift.

and yes those stacks do look like they need enzyte, and maybe some rain flaps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts