Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Superchips propane injection system on Elite's site and I have a few questions.

On my truck this would be purely for mileage gains, so what kind of range of extra mpgs are people seeing? (Is it really worth the price?)

Is propane bad for your engine? It seems to me if it wasn't, everybody would do it.

What other mods would be needed to make it function properly?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was looking into propane, but everyone has told me to stay away, its not good for the motor at all, nitrous is actually much safer, but not really meant for mileage gains.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I havn't had it but I know of somebody that has blown their engine cause they don't know moderation.

Everything in Moderation, too much and boom.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
forget the pane..im using meth, doesnt hit like spray but def. helps alot. tons of fun on the street and WAY cheaper to fill then pane and spray

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well time for a dumb question then, where do you buy methanol? Isn't it just used to cool down your egts?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Methanol is windshied washer fluid, It is alot cheaper to use distilled water. It does work good to control your egt's. I have always been told not to use it for extra power only use it when your egt's are out of hand. Duno?

·
Big Daddy!
1,333 Posts
Stump has Meth, ask him.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
i have a snow stage 3. my controller is set to boost only. It sprays when i see 20 pounds. like i said its a ton of fun on the street and not bad at the track. I get meth at the a local speed shop and you can also get it at the track. I dont use windshield washer fluid.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have read the the stage 3 are the best for cooling egt's. i have also heard that meth gives you like 75hp.

·
Registered
262 Posts
OK.. So I have to ask then... Meth & pane inj... best of both worlds???:confused: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'm thinking about getting water/meth. i'm just going to use my windshield washer reservoir. anyone else do that? if so how does it work?

didn't mean ti hijack your thread:doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts