1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,211 Posts
Hydrogen power yes, we have public transit buses running on it. Whether "water" power is true, I've heard of stranger things.:dunno: Will we see it any time soon that is a feasible alternative source of fuel, doubt it.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Hydrogen power yes, we have public transit buses running on it. Whether "water" power is true, I've heard of stranger things.:dunno: Will we see it any time soon that is a feasible alternative source of fuel, doubt it.
+ 1 on the fuel source i dont think it wil ever happen the automoblie compines pay them to be quite

·
Registered
125 Posts
+ 1 on the fuel source i dont think it wil ever happen the automoblie compines pay them to be quite
Nobody's paying them to be quite, the idea for hydrogen fueled vehicles has been around for quite awhile. The problem with hydrogen is it's dangerous and it will take alot of money to setup filling stations everywhere.:dunno:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
yes it is possible with this kit. This device creates the fuel as you drive. breaking the hydrogen loose from the water and injecting it. I'm looking into doing this to the wifes car. It is very feasible.
Also considering getting her a diesel to veg out.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,211 Posts
yes it is possible with this kit. This device creates the fuel as you drive. breaking the hydrogen loose from the water and injecting it. I'm looking into doing this to the wifes car. It is very feasible.
Also considering getting her a diesel to veg out.
Mmm, something about breaking hydrogen from water while you are driving makes me alittle nervous.:dunno:

And on a small :hijack:...weren't ya looking at a Liberty CRD for her awhile back Clay? Guess it never panned out?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I'm building one now. I expect it to be ready soon and produce enough hydrogen that I will have to shut it off or regulate it at idle. If I disappear, I've hidden the plans for the reactor in my .....

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
That system has been around for a couple years now. It was originally designed to produce a gas for a high powered cutting torch. They decided to try the system on a vehicle and made a few trips on it. Last I heard about it was the guy was supposed to present it before congress, and then never heard about it again until this thread.

The only question I had was how much energy his electrolosis process required to break the water down into gasses. My guess would be more than what it produces, which would explain why we haven't heard anything else about it.

EDIT: Just realized someone posted the old video of the torch, that's a better explanation.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I'm doing more research on this right now that I've got my veggie somewhat worked out...

It is feasible. You need to properly tune the system though. I even spent some time at work today designing a tank to hold it all. It is also very safe! Watch the vids on youtube. There is a guy running a firing spark plug next to his setup with nothing happening! Its not all hydrogen. I suppose if the line popped off something bad could happen. It really isn't difficult, the concept is there, we're going to test and tune in the next month or so. I've got lots of info if anyone has any questions!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx for all the info :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
got to www.hydro4000.com it is a hydrogen setup like you guys are talking about. This is not a system made to replace the fuel source it is there to compliment it. supposed to increase MPG by at least 25%. Most people that I have talked to have gotten at least 30% or better with it.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
For $1200 it better get you that! Have you actually talked to people that used this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have. I also have found the plans to build them on the internet. So before I get rid of 1200.00 on one I am going to build a few myself and see what kind of results I get.

As for being safe and the amount of power it draws. There is a 30 amp circuit it runs off of so no major draw there and this contraption converts water from an H2O molecule to an HHO molecule so very stable and not like the hydrogen filed blimps. So shouldn't be any crash and burns.

Also like someone mentioned earlier we had someone in our area, Southern Illinois, years ago that was doing something very similar to the hydro4000. His idea was bought by GM so the story goes and that was the end of that, this was over 25 years ago I was 5 then. So this technology has been around for a good long time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
And on a small :hijack:...weren't ya looking at a Liberty CRD for her awhile back Clay? Guess it never panned out?:dunno:
the libbys turned out to not be the best vehicle to convert as i researched it. Not much room under the hood at all nor under the dash. With a plethora of other diesels hitting the market i decided to wait and see what come about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts