Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Just played this in the Song Title game, sitting here listening to it I figured I'd share it here. Eric Burdon has a voice that's amazing!

And for some more listening pleasure..
Mic Jagger sings this one maybe a little better but the instrumentals here are great!

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
It's not a song, but it's a sight. I rode to DC twice for Rolling Thunder and I really want to do it again. The first time was the year they unveiled the Vietnam nurses memorial, Doc the OH chapter president of our club was a medic over there. I can't explain the emotions. Everyone at some point in their life needs to stand at the apex of the wall and feel the weight of 58,000 wasted lives. Lives wasted by a government who wouldn't let them fight to win.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Blues After Hours - Pee Wee Crayton

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I love the variety of music so far. That's what I'm looking for. Thanks fellas. @mpholland Haven't really listened to Joss Stone since the Souls Sessions album. Great stuff.

Lots of bad language in this one.

Love me some old school country. This one, and it's variances have been done a ton. From the Louvin Brothers to Nirvana and Mark Lanegan.

Speaking of Mark Lanegan, I'm not versed in much of his stuff. I have this album, and the follow up Sunday at Devil Dirt, but haven't listened to the latter.

That's all for now.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
I have to say growing up in the 60s and 70s that I grew up in the golden age of Rock N Roll

Don't remember if I played this one yet, if so listen to it again, it's a classic. :)

I went to the Dark Side of the Moon concert in Pittsburgh when I was 16. Awesome, they did some off Wish you Were Here during the first half, but after they took a break it got dark and they did the Dark Side. Best concert I ever went to!!! The album was on the charts from 73 till 88, longest run ever.

And of course there's this...

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I love the variety of music so far. That's what I'm looking for. Thanks fellas. @mpholland Haven't really listened to Joss Stone since the Souls Sessions album. Great stuff.

Yeah, I have a pretty eclectic music fascination. A bit off topic, but if you think Powerstrokes are an expensive hobby, you oughta try collecting and restoring vintage stereo equipment.

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yeah, I have a pretty eclectic music fascination. A bit off topic, but if you think Powerstrokes are an expensive hobby, you oughta try collecting and restoring vintage stereo equipment.
As well do I. I work with a guy who's always scanning craigslist looking for deals on old audio equipment. He doesn't restore, he just collects.

There's definitely money in that stuff.

If you're into vinyl, you should get one of these. Saskia II

He's a liberal nut job but I like his music.

·
"RLTW" Tennessee
989 Posts
Im a Bluegrass, Old Country and real western kind of guy

Ghost In This House - Alison Krauss

Bob Wills - Take me back to Tulsa

Marty Robbins Prairie Fire

Thunderstruck by Steve'n'Seagulls

Amazing Grace Bagpipes If this video and song doesn't give you a lump in your throat... Move away

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
A little blues number for my fellow 6.0 pilots. :)

and if you prefer Clapton

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
A little late evening bump.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
A couple more...

·
"RLTW" Tennessee