Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally picked up a 2006 powerstroke, couldnt be happier. First things first gonna be turbo back exhaust and gauges, not gonna chip it for a while since its only got 17k miles still, gonna hold out for a while. Should i get new Boost and Trans. Temp gauges, or are the stock ones on the cluster pretty accurate??? Im getting a Pyro gauge for shure. Also what other gauges would you guys recommend? Also best place to pick some up for cheap... Thanks guys, gonna go take her out for a spin again:woot:

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
The tranny gauge is junk get a new one the stock basicly tells you that it is operating lol. And the boost is almost dead on cuz i have one on the pilar too. If i was you I would do Tranny Pyro and Volt. But it is all up too you but tranny and pyro for sure

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Definitely go with the tranny and pyro guages, the boost isnt neccesary its more just for fun until you start running some serious power to make sure your not gonna blow the turbo. If you want a good price talk to one of our sponsors like [email protected] he can hook you up with a set for a good price

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i am not even going to read it, and my answer is yes. you always need gauges.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Raul @ Stealth Automotive can hook you up for sure:thumb:

Just shoot him a pm:thumb:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I'd still program it... if nothing else you could get a tranny file from innovative... longer life, smoother shifting... also do things like turn the EGR off... there are a lot of things a good program can do besides increase the power of your truck :thumb:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
+1 for the programming, makes such a huge difference you wont even think its the same truck why not put those guages to work:hehe:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
which programmer should i get that wont be traced by the dealer, truck is under factory warranty. also what gauges should i run? Pyro, Trans, and what else??

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Not sure about the programmer Im not to educated on 6.0 programmers except that the SCT with custom tunes is great not to sure though about tracing that one though but for guages I would do trans, pyro and boost

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Well i finally picked up a 2006 powerstroke, couldnt be happier. First things first gonna be turbo back exhaust and gauges, not gonna chip it for a while since its only got 17k miles still, gonna hold out for a while. Should i get new Boost and Trans. Temp gauges, or are the stock ones on the cluster pretty accurate??? Im getting a Pyro gauge for shure. Also what other gauges would you guys recommend? Also best place to pick some up for cheap... Thanks guys, gonna go take her out for a spin again:woot:
which programmer should i get that wont be traced by the dealer, truck is under factory warranty. also what gauges should i run? Pyro, Trans, and what else??
steve, do you want analog gauges or digital? Digital gauges are like the quadzilla commander and bullydog outlook. Analong are the ones that go on the pillar. If you want digital I would refer you to amjperformance.com for the quad commander. I doubt anybody could even match their price on the commander plus you can get the pillar mount also even though they don't have it listed on their site. And as for your question about which programmer and warranty I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
^^^^ DO NOT spend $175 bucks on that. You can monitor at least 3 other parameters for double the price with the commander or outlook.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts