Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just got done about 3 months ago doing the 6.0 bulletproof upgrades on my truck. Head gaskets, studs, egr delete, oil cooler, blue spring in fuel regulator, all the normal recommended stuff. Coolant bypass filter and switched over to elc coolant. Did all new gaskets everywhere I was into something. New o-rings on injectors and the list goes on. The truck ran perfect for 4 months then one day it acted like it was running out of fuel. Wait a few minutes then it would start. Right after it started doing that it now acts like it is getting tons of fuel. I have tons of smoke (white not black) billowing out of the tail pipe. I have even noticed fuel dripping out of my exhaust joints. Sometimes when I try to start it it locks up like I have cylinder or cylinders full of fuel. Is this injectors stuck open? Is there a way to test injectors? Sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much info as possible. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Fuel pressure remains constant at 68 psi. I am running stock injectors and no tuner. 198000 miles on truck. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Do not run it like that anymore, pull the glow plugs, back up and turn the engine over, watch to see what hole(s) shoot fuel out. Do not get in front of the holes, it shoots out with great force. Probably a cracked injector tip, or loose injector.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts