Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Master Tech
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the esteemed PowerStroke.org administrators commented elsewhere that y'all don't know what the hell I am saying sometimes. I think (hope) he was joking and although I enjoy a good ribbing, I have to wonder... My world is very technical. The vernacular terminology used in my profession can seem like Greek writing to some guys not familiar with the proper technical terms and so on. I try to explain things in simple language as best I can - not to "dumb things down" but to be understood by members who might not understand certain terms or how something works. My advice is that if you read something and don't quite understand, DO NOT be afraid to ask for further explanation. I believe there are no stupid questions when it comes to the truly humble. Some of the things discussed in public forums befuddle some people - it's not your fault. I am reminded of this when speaking to customers about their trucks and the diagnostics and repairs performed. Simmerly, THAT is what these forums are all about! There are many knowledgeable and experienced members here - PICK OUR BRAINS!

Keep in mind, I don't know everything, nobody does. I don't see everything that happens with these trucks and engines that some of you do. That is why I come here - Doc learns things here too!

·
Administrator
34,297 Posts
Oh Stop it
we can't get over the fact you bless us with your wisdom ( not kidding )
I love your website and we love to joke around here

you just keep being you and tolerate us being us (please)
we value your spot on input and can usually follow your directives to a TEE ( after reading them twice ) unless an admin removes a post or two, and it muddles stuff up but that's on us lol

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I'm a technical guy, so I love technical talk. No matter how far you (or anyone) dumbs it down, it'll be over someone's head. Using the correct terminology is, I think, important. But folks should be OK with asking for a more simple explanation.
I've been in the same boat. Too often the department head comes to me and says "did you REALLY just tell the customer their system is f^$ked?!?" I say "well, they didn't understand what I was explaining in engineering terms but everyone understands 'it's f^$ked'"

·
Registered
321 Posts
I speak Geek, and struggle when I am in the presence of Un-Smart Donkeys.... A geek can decode that.
Keep them coming I do enjoy your reads.

Reactions: FordDoctor

·
Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
20,173 Posts
Well...there was that one time.....(BIG J/K). Don't worry about being geeky here. I appreciate your input.
For me, my fat fingers do they're thing way too many times. Sometimes, I need to edit my posts because I catch something AFTER I hit "Post reply."

·
Administrator
24,979 Posts
@FordDoctor I will say that the depth of knowledge that you and many others share helps this community in so many ways.

There are a lot of people who arent even members that use this information to save the day when they have no other means of support.

Please know that we all appreciate you and all the others.

·
Master Tech
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
or perhaps Ford doc has come to our site and has plans to turn us on each other and collapse the Org so he can promote his own site ?
Problem with that theory is that my forums are strictly for Ford dealership peeps... with a few special exceptions ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Problem with that theory is that my forums are strictly for Ford dealership peeps... with a few special exceptions ;)
OHHHH can I be one!!! and where the hell is my bronco I ordered!!!

·
Premium Member
2004 F250 SD 6.0
753 Posts
As America continues to be dumbed down, I welcome the chance to rise above. Punctuation, syntax, accurate terminology are often lost these days. I mean, you can’t even say “tranny” anymore when talking gears…

Ever see the movie “Idiocracy”? It’s happening.

Forehead Hearing Ear Eyewear Audio equipment

·
Registered
192 Posts
Keep the tech coming @FordDoctor it's greatly appreciated and respected.

Reactions: FordDoctor

·
Administrator
34,297 Posts
J-Hammer said Generally the secondary educated versus the high-school educated, certainly not to say always, but generally.
Almost everyone has their skill set, I don't expect to be belittled and considered ignorant by my website designer (for example ) just as I do not consider a person who does not know all the construction terms as I am explaining a job a "donkey "

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a technical guy, so I love technical talk. No matter how far you (or anyone) dumbs it down, it'll be over someone's head. Using the correct terminology is, I think, important. But folks should be OK with asking for a more simple explanation.
I've been in the same boat. Too often the department head comes to me and says "did you REALLY just tell the customer their system is f^$ked?!?" I say "well, they didn't understand what I was explaining in engineering terms but everyone understands 'it's f^$ked'"
everyone understands that in what ever profession it's used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts