Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Don't know about the Kenwood but I have the Avic-Z2 and love it. Looks very clean, fits well with the rest of the cab and operation is very easy. I recently downloaded the Z3 image and am planning on upgrading my Z2 to a Z3 so I'll have all the software upgrades and maps when done.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I have the Kenwood and love it I have a Ipod and works well with it as well as bluetooth and nav.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
On the kenwood just use a usb sd card to upload any updates they have it's pretty easy...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I think you would like the nav system on the Kenwood better, does not require discs.
Neither does the Avic-Z1-Z3, they are hard drive based. :)

On the kenwood just use a usb sd card to upload any updates they have it's pretty easy...
USB SD card, that's pretty slick. The Avic's are upgraded by inserting the actual upgrade disc.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Neither does the Avic-Z1-Z3, they are hard drive based. :)
yep..and the pioneer Z1 thru 3 have have a 30 gig harddrive with 20 gig dedicated to navi and 10gig dedicated to music storage..you insert a cd and it will rip the music from the CD and save to harddrive..freaking awesome option..

I havent looked recently but I dont know what the new options for the Z3 is vs. the Z2 if its minimal I would opt for the Z2 and save a lil' $$

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I like the Garmin nav on the Kenwood units....I just bought the 5120....I looked....and talked.....and thought...about both the 5120 and the 7120 and just decided to go with the smaller screen and the 5120...picked it up for $650 from sonic something on the net...cheapest I found, and it came with the wiring harness, and dash kit...

If you want the best Kenwood has to offer look at the 8120....its REALLY TITS

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I have the ddx7019 which is the modular Kenwood

The Garmin nav is probably the best there is. I also have the XM traffic receiver which hooks up to the nav module. This enables you to have XM radio through the nav as well as sirius through the heads Sat interface. The nav has it's own XP Sat radio interface. The traffic and weather is cool. Shows alerts for bad weather in your area and all kind of stuff. Road construction, etc.

The bluetooth phone interface is great.

I use a USB card reader with SD card mostly for mp3 but you can also burn a DVD RW or any USB storage device. There is a limit to the number of files you can have. I am thinking about eventually going with an ipod because of the ipod interface.

Also there is an available module for digital radio I was looking at. And backup camera.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am also looking at getting the kenwood unit. Can I make it play the same dvds there and on the factory rear entertainment? Price wise the kenwood looks like a better choice I already have an ipod and dont see the use in the z1-z3 memory/ storage

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I am also looking at getting the kenwood unit. Can I make it play the same dvds there and on the factory rear entertainment? Price wise the kenwood looks like a better choice I already have an ipod and dont see the use in the z1-z3 memory/ storage
Its mainly a feature for those that don't have an ipod. Like me, I never use the feature because everything is on my ipod. Its one sweet system.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
DP, Mine does, if it was me you were asking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You have settings for rear entertainment sound and video.
Does this mean the factory rear entertainment will be hooked thru the factory harness that I can acces thru the Kenwood unit?? I just ordered all this and waiting for it to get here just curious ahead of time of what all it will do.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Does this mean the factory rear entertainment will be hooked thru the factory harness that I can acces thru the Kenwood unit?? I just ordered all this and waiting for it to get here just curious ahead of time of what all it will do.
I can't really say for sure about the factory stuff, but it should all be standard type connections. I would expect it to work.
Mine does not have video in the back.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have these in both my headrests, and I can play video on all three monitors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can definetly understand if it were aftermarket stuff but what Im asking is if the factory overhead dvd will play video thru the factory harness to the headunit? Theres a spot to put a dvd in at overhead unit and im sure the sound goes thru the radio, just not sure about video

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I can definetly understand if it were aftermarket stuff but what Im asking is if the factory overhead dvd will play video thru the factory harness to the headunit? Theres a spot to put a dvd in at overhead unit and im sure the sound goes thru the radio, just not sure about video
Sorry, my bad :) sorry I can't help you further, as you can tell, I don't have the factory components anymore to try.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts