Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got this put in the other day and absolutely love it. still figuring some of the features but overall a very easy system. for some reason i cant get the bluetooth to work with my phone. once i get that to work and upload my address book that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
What kind of phone? Do you have the BT200 module installed?

Turn on bluetooth discovery on the phone, the phone will ask for a pin, enter 1234. Enable the headset that shows up in devices if it's not already enabled.

In the radios TEL select you can turn the phone connection on and off. Turn it off. Then you can send your contacts. Then turn the phone connection back on.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah so i need yet another module huh? damn the sales guy said i had everything i needed. guess ill be making another stop at the electronics store. man do i hate those places i never seem to be able to go in and not walk out with something. i have a problem lol.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
ah so i need yet another module huh? damn the sales guy said i had everything i needed. guess ill be making another stop at the electronics store. man do i hate those places i never seem to be able to go in and not walk out with something. i have a problem lol.

Don't feel bad, mine has a module for everything. Sirius Module, XM traffic module, Bluetooth module, Even the navigation is a module. There are still a lot more modules I can get but I gave up for now. :hehe:

It is a very good system.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
AVIC is the same way, don't feel bad. Once you get all the features you want, you'll love the system no matter which one you bought, Kenwood or Pioneer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just purchased the DNX5120 w/ all goodies, backup cam, bluetooth, and ipod connector. How hard is this to install yourself? Where do I run the wire to the b/u cam? Do I go inside and out to bottom of back cab? How do I even start pulling the factory radio cover off to access all this?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok I got all this stuff installed and have a few questions... My factory sub is not working is there another harness needed? And also the factory controls on the steering wheel, how do I get the volume button to work?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you buy the adapter to connect the old steering controls to the new unit, if not, then you need to get one, they are about 100 bucks for the good ones or 40-50 for the cheapys. I have the 7100dnx

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what all do I have to do, to be able to watch a movie without having the parking break on?

·
Registered
337 Posts
on kenwood all you have to do is ground the parking break wire...its the easiest one out... but shhh i didnt tell yall that

·
Registered
337 Posts
if i were you i'd go back and get a 8120 it has built in bluetooth and it also has a bigger screen.. but if you have a lg rumor or a blackberry phone it dont matter what bluetooth you have it wont work right...there gonna have a update soon so they will work but on kenwood so far they wont.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on kenwood all you have to do is ground the parking break wire...its the easiest one out... but shhh i didnt tell yall that
dont worry i wont tell :wink[3]: and i have a blackberry ugh. but im loving my system its perfect for what i want and really dont see the need for me getting a larger screen in my case. now im just waiting till i get back from my next deployment and re-enlisting so i can put a 8" BDS 4 link with kmc xd monster 20x10 and 37x13.5r20 toyo open country mt on and re gear to 4.56 and i think ill be done for a while till i get used to that and start looking for other stuff to get done.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have the 4520 as well...no need for all the other super stuff, I dont need a big internal hrd drive and all that.

I do wish I would have gotten the blue tooth thing.....I guess so...and I might later and add it but for now I just talk on the phone while driving like normal...lol

We watch movies all the time on it while driving and UI added a back up camera thats cool as well....pushing the nav button for 2 seconds while I am driving lets me see the trailer hookup toi make sure the plugs are in and the chains are hooked up..pretty neat.

Aand IMO the Kenwood systems with the Garmin are the ONLY way to go for the Nav.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
NTW is there a Nav update I should do to mine and do I have to take it out to do it?

·
Registered
337 Posts
NTW is there a Nav update I should do to mine and do I have to take it out to do it?
it wouldnt hurt and no its just a program you load to a disk and put into your dvdplayer and let it do what it does...kenwood real good about user friendly stuff

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
So I should just call them up and ask for the update I suppose......thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
yea you can do that too or how far is beaumont from san angelo???

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I dunno....far though I think...lol

LOL...just looked...500 miles.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
damn nevermind haha ill look at work tommorrow and see if we have any update disk.. if we do ill send you one....

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts