Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heardfrom these guys trieng to get a new stree program also whats better for highway milage wise eco or street program
thanks

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Has anyone seen or heardfrom these guys trieng to get a new stree program also whats better for highway milage wise eco or street program
thanks
did you call ???

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i always call and vivian always answered

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I have guages and I run the Looney Wild and love it

call either Viv or Nick will answer its the best way to get a hold of them

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the boost get near a dangerous level or egt to high or is it like dj,s says gauges r a convenios i dont tow anything and when i do haul i put it back to stock

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I have not seen it get really high yet but I have not really got on it that hard yet either I just got the file about 2 weeks ago after I got my studs put in if you don't have studs just go with the Looney Tune I had that for a long time with no issues and I romped on it all the time

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I am running DJ's tunes also. Aside from my truck having a strange strategy it it is all good. The "strange" part is apparently DJ or Vivian have never seen my kind of strategy code before.

I don't have head studs and have been running the normal looney for the better part of 2 months. As soon as I get some studs I will be looking at getting something a bit more wild. As for the boost, it will hit 30lbs pretty easy for me, really easy if I am on the highway trying to pass someone. I am not too sure if that is "safe" or not. And the egt's, well hard on it, I will hit 1500+ really fast. That is why I am looking at a Snow water/meth injection kit.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
definately call them. i have heard that the hotter tunes usually get better mileage if you can keep your foot out of it...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I am running DJ's tunes also. Aside from my truck having a strange strategy it it is all good. The "strange" part is apparently DJ or Vivian have never seen my kind of strategy code before.

I don't have head studs and have been running the normal looney for the better part of 2 months. As soon as I get some studs I will be looking at getting something a bit more wild. As for the boost, it will hit 30lbs pretty easy for me, really easy if I am on the highway trying to pass someone. I am not too sure if that is "safe" or not. And the egt's, well hard on it, I will hit 1500+ really fast. That is why I am looking at a Snow water/meth injection kit.
Holy crap! I run looney all day and I gotta be stomping through the floorboards to see 1100*. Plus my boost is 25/28 WOT.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mine acts just like Foamys, I am also running a Wild Looney or a BullyDog killer ( to each his own)... It has been ran like for 15k miles with no problems...

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
looney on the hwy is no way to increase mpg. Best was economy for me...even though street is supposed to be the 'best' on the hwy.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I noticed a 2mpg gain running looney over my street tunes on the highway. Granted this was only a 310 mile round trip and I was doing about 85mph average. I really don't know why but when I run stock I see 1000°+ egt's fairly easy. My truck just runs hot for some reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts