Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here runing DJ's economy tune??? I just started using it a few days ago and it runs really well for a "economy" tune :noteworthy: !!!

Have ya'll seen any mpg improvement with this tune??? Once again, good job to all at DJ's :woot

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I'd also like to know some info on this. as I'll be running an economy tune only when the time comes. looking forward to it.

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
I never tried the econ tune... I run around on the street tune all day long. It handles and responds like pretty much like the stock program unless you get on the throttle, then it comes to life with almost as much power as the looney... And I mean almost, it seems to be an almost unperceptible difference to me. Also with the street tune I see about a 2 mpg increase if I drive it reasonably, and with the street tune I see 150-200* lower EGT's on a good hard acceleration compared with the looney.

·
im fat and ugly
15,689 Posts
i cant gain any mpg on any of the tunes, they all add enough power to have fun with so i can never stay out of it

but i bet if i didnt drop the hammer all the time

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Have you noticed a change in your EGTs? Do they stay lower since it is econo?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know about my egt's, I don't have any gauges yet. But I am happy to report that my around town milage went from 12.5 - 13 mpg's to 14.75 mpg's today when I filled up. And I check it with a calculator, I don't have the lie - o - meter over head display.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Cool... Can't wait to get my truck rigged up...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts