Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an X3 and have read a lot about the performance tunes but not much on the difference between DJ's and Innovatives tow tunes. Also who is easier on the tranny?

Thanks

I have an '04 6.0L Excursion

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i have dj's tunes and love them ...have had no problems with them and the shifts seem perfect to me......and welcome to the org:thumb:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
how much weight are you towing?

·
LTJDS
553 Posts
Answer to your ???

DO NOT RUN EITHER WITHOUT A PYRO/EGT AND A DEDICATED TRANNY TEMP GAUGE. THE REST IS UP FOR DEBATE. i HEAR SOME OF THE EXTREME / LOONEY TUNES (EITHER OR) run HOT ! But hat is in Performance Setting not TOW. JUST watch your gauges and know the factory tranny gauge is a Dummy gauge..:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
It should tell you something that the F450 is derated power wise since it will be used for towing consistently...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I use Eric's street tune to tow with and it has to be a long hard pull to get it to 1200*. The only reason I got that hot was I was experaminting to see how hot it would get, left it in 6th gear and pushed it a little more than normal. I always pull in 5th gear when climbing a grade and it will cruise up any hill at 60-65mph and not get over 1000*.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts