Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Devilsown pump, works great, running it at about 125psi $120

3/8" inline filter, should pick up anything terrible before pump $3

8gal. Tank, I picked it up at either tractor supply or nothern tool, cant remember, but it was like $30

Hobbs style switches, I got them off coolingmists website, both for like $45, I tried the ones NAPA had but wasnt to thrilled with them

A brass T splits the pressurized line to each of the selnoids

2 Water selnoids I got from Mcmaster supply $75

Nozzles came from McMaster too, like $3 a nozzle, I bought every size they had, I am still experimenting with sizes

All in all so far I like it alot, I have been using 0F or -32F windshield washer fluid. The small nozzle I have coming on about 6psi, bigger one adds in at 18psi, I am thinking I am going to swap out the big one to one size bigger just for those WOT runs. If you are not a fan of wiring or fine tuning a system, buy one of the controllers, or just a kit. I am a third generation electrician in the making (lol) and it was cake for me.... but not so much for others. I have 2 switches in the cab, and a relay for key on power, three led's one for low activation, high activation, and one for low water level. As far as performance, I am able to stay in it longer, picked up about 3 lbs of boost, towing is awesome now. I pulled a 12k load (mini excavator) for 3 hours just Monday and sprayed the small shot the whole way, and big one came on when needed, I had no problems pulling that load 85-90 to pass people, and best of all never exceeded 1200F. Any questions feel free to ask, I'm not too good at the whole "write-up" thing.

·
OCONUS
90 Posts
Great job, and thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
PM SENT DUDE!!! gotta get the low down on this...ive been wanting to do this man...my egt's sore when i tow our mini X and skidsteer man...

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
you said you were expeirimenting with diff nozzles, well, i wonder if some 5.4 triton injectors would do any good??? i have 8 2004 model ford triton 5.4 injectors....wonder what they would do???

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ummm, dont think the 5.4 injectors would work, I am running small water injectors... I am expiramenting with different size(flow) injectors... Bout to responf to pm

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i got mine for 400 bucks with 7gph nozzles droppin 200 degrees, wanted to do by myself but i just didnt want to mess anything up and looks clean but good job :thumb:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, with my small shot, not seeing a whole lot just driving, maybe 50-75 degrees... Now towing with the small nozzle it helps alot esp in town. On the road pulling 12k 75-85 I am seeing a 150-200 degree drop.

In my extreme tune I can run WOT at 30lbs of boost and never exceed about 1250-1300 all the way to 100mph!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
what size nozzles are you running? should be stamped on the side. Might get some cooler temps with larger nozzles. Let me know and i will hlelp you out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That tank you got from Northern tool, did it have a float in it to wire for your low water level?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That tank you got from Northern tool, did it have a float in it to wire for your low water level?
Nope, I picked up the self sealing float from Devilsown:thumb:

what size nozzles are you running? should be stamped on the side. Might get some cooler temps with larger nozzles. Let me know and i will hlelp you out.
Let me look, in the middle of a full stereo/interior project right now.
I'll post back, thanks:thumb::nod:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts