One of the fluids that are always forgotten is the power steering. Here’s a simple DIY that would take you about 30 minutes to flush the whole system.
- Jack up the truck making sure both front tires are off the ground
- Crawl under truck and find the power steering line on the front drivers side frame rail. (See picture)
- Once located, pull back the hose clamp from the steal line.
- Separates the rubber and steal line from each other. Fluid will start to come out.
- Use a catch can to get fluids.
- Get in the truck with the key turned on. DONT TURN ENGINE OVER.
- Turn steering wheel from lock to lock. Take your time. Lock to lock should take about 30 seconds. Holding lock for 10 seconds. Repeat 4 times
- You should have got a little over a quarts of fluid. (See pictures)
- Reconnect powering steering line and hose clamp.
- Add Mercon LV (see pictures) The system is empty just add enough to fill the reservoir.
- With ENGINE OFF!! Turn your steering wheel lock to lock to get the fluid through the system. Repeat until reservoir is between min and max.
- Take truck off jacks.