Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this kit from elite on alligator that im thinking about running in my 6.0 according to the shop i have 3 injectors that are sticking but truck still runs good for now just a slight miss at idle for a few seconds after start up. Elite Diesel Stage 1 DIY Injector Kit Fits 03-07 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke this is the kit. please tell me what you think and what kinda fuel mods id need to do to support these if anything. right now my truck is completely stock but am going to do studs when i do injectors.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
For that price your better off just sending your injectors to Warren Diesel and having Jesse rebuild yours and machine the barrels to 155cc over 133cc stock. The nozzles aren't going to make a difference in power because no matter what size nozzles you put on your injectors if the fuel barrels only hold so much fuel and being that stock only holds 133cc's then whats the point of 155 nozzles?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
For that price your better off just sending your injectors to Warren Diesel and having Jesse rebuild yours and machine the barrels to 155cc over 133cc stock. The nozzles aren't going to make a difference in power because no matter what size nozzles you put on your injectors if the fuel barrels only hold so much fuel and being that stock only holds 133cc's then whats the point of 155 nozzles?
I am pretty sure the nozzles will only let the injector flow 100cc of fuel.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
That's not true because you can get your stock 133cc injectors rebuilt and machined to 155's and they will flow more fuel and make more power over stock because there is more fuel to be pushed out of the barrel.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
That's not true because you can get your stock 133cc injectors rebuilt and machined to 155's and they will flow more fuel and make more power over stock because there is more fuel to be pushed out of the barrel.
yeah but that doesn't mean that the stock nozzle isnt still the limiting factor.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I understand that but there was a thread on here not to long ago about the guy making and selling that kit for the DIY nozzles and he never got any proven numbers on them. And for $750 it's not worth it. Call Jesse warren he'll tell you himself that even the 30% nozzles on the 155's isn't worth the extra money for the minimal gains vs just having your injectors rebuilt and machined to 155's with stock nozzles.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I wasnt trying to instructing anyone to buy the DIY kit over modified injectors but getting modified injectors with stock nozzles is silly. Nozzles are needed to utilize the modified injector.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
(814)-439-0218 call it and talk to Jesse yourself if you think I'm lying to you or if you think I'm wrong about what he said to me. I'm not going to argue the point with you I think he knows a lot more on the subject of injectors than you and me and most people for that matter.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
(814)-439-0218 call it and talk to Jesse yourself if you think I'm lying to you or if you think I'm wrong about what he said to me. I'm not going to argue the point with you I think he knows a lot more on the subject of injectors than you and me and most people for that matter.
No need Im not calling you a liar at all, just sharing my opinion. I have saw the flow bench results for a 175cc injector with stock nozzles next to a stock injector next to a 175cc injector with 75% nozzles at 4000rpm. The results speak for themselves.

I just think that if your going to do injectors dont cut corners and not do nozzles.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
My point was on the whole scenario and I agree when your talking about 175's but my point was that for $750 it's not going to net you any more gains then spending $500 and getting 155 injectors with stock nozzles. That and the 155's with stock nozzles will flow more than a stock 133cc injector with 155 nozzles. That's all I was trying to say. And I agree 100% especially with bigger injectors the gains are far higher with oversized nozzles. Jesse will tell you himself that it's not worth spending an extra $700 to get the 30 over nozzles on the 155's if your spending $500 already to get the stock sticks worked over cause the gains are minimal compared to just the stock nozzle with 155 barrel injectors.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
For the cost, and the kit being offered by Elite, I'd say its a waste of money. Its also a matter of what you want out of your build, 155/40s for that cost (assuming you do everything correct). And I'm not convinced you'd have a true 155 injector when you're done as all you are replacing is the nozzle.

The injector capacity is the end all determining factor in the amount of fuel that can be delivered in a single injector cycle. Nozzle size, pulse width, and timing, determine its efficiency in the motor. So there is a balancing act, and stock nozzles on any aftermarket injector don't make since to me.

I would allow one of the shops to rebuilt your injectors, and know the job is being done right. Have a set flow tested, and warranted, and you'd know exactly how much fuel is flowing. Warren and Casserdy are the fellas I recommend, and may eventually get injectors from myself (towing concerns limit my injector options). There's few things I feel are not DIY jobs on the 6.0L, injectors are one of them.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
FWIW companies have been offering a stock+ injector for quite a while.
I think warren sells them as well as hypermax and likely a few others also.
Here is my line of thinking, if you have good running injectors and want to keep them for that reason then this is a pretty good option if you think you are capable and you only want a small bump in power.

BTW IIRC hypermaxes are $1200.....but they send you the whole injector not just the nozzle

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
For the cost, and the kit being offered by Elite, I'd say its a waste of money. Its also a matter of what you want out of your build, 155/40s for that cost (assuming you do everything correct). And I'm not convinced you'd have a true 155 injector when you're done as all you are replacing is the nozzle.
I agree^^^^, you would only be using the full 135cc not 155.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would say for the money I think it is hard to beat a set of Warren injectors. He does a great job and stands behind his work. I think for what he charges you get alot of bang for you buck. Like others have said, some times it just the piece of mind knowing things are done right and some times it take someone else to do it for you.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I see this is almost 10 months old, but it fits some questions that I have. But first, Diesel Power Magazine used these Elite injector nozzles and saw 14hp, 56lb-ft, and 1.3 mpg.

Project Outcast: Part 5 - Diesel Power Magazine

On to my questions:
What's the difference between "new" and "rebuilt" performance injectors?

The Elite nozzles are $950, RCD's "rebuilt" are $1500, RCD's "new" are $3500 and Industrial 175s from Thoroughbred (I didn't see a 155) are $1480 after the core charge is refunded.

This is all very confusing to me. I don't see $600 being that much more for a set of injectors that are built by a pro instead of in my garage. But $3500 for a set of injectors is a big chunk of change.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2,740 Posts
"New" injectors are built using remanufactured injectors, from Alliant Power or Ford. The "rebuilt" injectors are built using cores that are examined and have any parts replaced that aren't up to spec.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
"New" injectors are built using remanufactured injectors, from Alliant Power or Ford. The "rebuilt" injectors are built using cores that are examined and have any parts replaced that aren't up to spec.
That's pretty much what I found after I pushed submit. What are the cons of sending my injectors to RCD for upgrade to a 155? That additional $2000 is a good chunk of change.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 47 Posts