Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came accoss this site today : DIY-Injectors.com . Saw for $250 you could modify your own injectors using their parts to make them flow 160cc ! Ive been looking at injectors and 250 bucks is cheap when looking at injectors.

Then i saw the hybrids for 1400. but they probaly would require supporting mods like upgrade fuel system, head studs, turbo and intercool the truck. right?? What would it take for me to get my truck on the road and produce decent power with the hybrids??

Also rebuliding injectors, hard? ive rebuilt engine and done all the work on my trucks/cars before. would it be a challenge (i wouldnt mind a challenge)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
well, I know that roosewood is a repuable source. also i know on the newer 7.3s you can run hybrids, but you need a new turbo. i heard its time consuming but easy to rebuild them, plus Jim sends you really good instructions.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
You can just throw the hybrids in and run them de-tuned. Get the programming turned up as you get more and more supporting mods.
If you do it have a spottless work area and take your time, it's not a race. Good luck

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I have always been told NOT to run the truck with out the proper tunning with hybrids.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I meant de-tuned, as in not getting the full potential with them. this is something most tuners can do, Wildman and DP. You ask to have your injectors output 'de-tuned' so you dont pop anything.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
oh ok, sorry my mistake i miss read. your right.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I looked at doing DIY injector kit but when I looked into it I found that I would have to machine the intensifier piston. You can buy pre-machined pistons for about $225. I ended up paying Jim at Rosewood Diesel (DIY) to work them over and modify them to 160's cause I figured it was worth the extra money to have someone who knew what they were looking at working on my injectors. Granted it was $475 instead of $250 but when I figured in buying the premachined pistions into the cost it made this a deal cause Jim did the work for me.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
You can just throw the hybrids in and run them de-tuned. Get the programming turned up as you get more and more supporting mods.
If you do it have a spottless work area and take your time, it's not a race. Good luck
x2 .

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah the premachined pistions would defently be purchased if i got the 160cc

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what would be the most required supporting mod needed for the Hybrids?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Forddieseltweek is making 450 rwhp on the stock OBS fuel system fyi...

intercooler, turbo, would be needed to keep the EGT's down. you may also want to look into headstuds but you don't really need to worry about them until you're pushing around 40 psi.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
True, I think that I could make 500rwhp with a fuel system and some tuning.... Thats the goal for DITD. I am still on the stock 230,000 mile head gaskets and bolts. The most boost that I have seen out of my Dominator was 35, But I think thats because of the intercooler.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was looking to get a BDP Dominator 66 from beans diesel aswell. Ive got a couple of bucks kicking around, its ither a 5.0 mustang, suspension lift/rim and tires (10" lift adn 38s with 20's) or motor mods. and its looking like engine mods

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
MOD IT!! You will love it!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Keep in mind whatever you do with your injectors, even Stage-1's will require a 17* pump. And with your '94, you'll run into drain-back issues if you just swap one in.

You have pretty low miles on your injectors so you shouldn't run into any needed repairs. I'd say you're a perfect candidate for a DIY Kit!
:thumb:

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Am I the ony one that has not had ANY drain back issues?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Keep in mind whatever you do with your injectors, even Stage-1's will require a 17* pump. And with your '94, you'll run into drain-back issues if you just swap one in.

You have pretty low miles on your injectors so you shouldn't run into any needed repairs. I'd say you're a perfect candidate for a DIY Kit!
:thumb:
you got me a bit confused.

So If i were to get the stage 1s i would have to run a 17º pump? and doing that id run into draining issues.????

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
SUBSCRIBING BECAUSE IM WANTING TO FIND OUT A LITTLE MORE ON DIY INJECTORS

·
Registered
419 Posts
FDtweek,
Your sig says '96, so you wouldn't have any drain back problems.

Dallas,
The '94 and early '95 PSD motors had a different front cover and HPOP that had a check valve somewhere that isn't in the late '95 and up HPOP's. So if you threw on a late model 17*, oil will drain out of your res overnight require extended cranking to start. There are fixes for this if you want to go through all the work...

My experience has taught me that even Stage-1's will need the 17* pump. But the 15* stock pump's performance vary so much you may or may not need to upgrade.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts