Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone made their own EGR delete kit instead of buying it for $200 to $300?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Are you talkiing about the sneaky pipe or an entire homemade kit?

The up pipe would be the hardest part. You can cut out the bellows and the flange for the cooler and weld in a solid pipe, just cut below the bend on the top or it won't line up.

Or there is something called the crack pipe where you keep the coolant tube out of the egr cooler and the shell is removed. And do the same above with the up pipe.

Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wondered when I did mine why the coolant had to flow through the intake manifold from the oil cooler instead of directly to the degas tank. Would that not add extra unneeded heat?

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talkiing about the sneaky pipe or an entire homemade kit?

The up pipe would be the hardest part. You can cut out the bellows and the flange for the cooler and weld in a solid pipe, just cut below the bend on the top or it won't line up.

Or there is something called the crack pipe where you keep the coolant tube out of the egr cooler and the shell is removed. And do the same above with the up pipe.

Hope that helps some.
Well this what I did a while back. Sorry for the crap iPhone pics.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
piece of mind should be worth something, most of us aren't engineers

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LOL yah, tig welded SS 4k psi tube fittings. Hasn't leaked yet in two years.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Good lookin' crackpipe mod. You don't have to be an engineer to do it. Just access to a welder, sawzall, grinder, and painters tape. The welder would be the big holdup for most. Making your own is for sure the way to go if you have the tools.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The few engineers I had the misfortune to work with never understood the real word of how things really work.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think that steel pinky ring spreads poison to their brains. Yes to them the real world is whatever dumb azz idea they come up with in their office which they haven't come out of in years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts