Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright I have searched and searched cant find anything. can anyone post up pics on how you set up your coolant filtration system. what hose connects where etc. Also is it worth me trying to do it myself or just buy a kit like sinnister or dieslesite.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
personally i would just buy the diesel site kit. It comes with all the necessary parts, instructions and an easy install.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dieselsite coolant filter setup in top notch and not overpriced. I'm running it and also highly recommend it (and dieselsite as a whole, everything I ever gotten from them has been great)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Where does the dieselsite coolant filter tee into? I'm looking to buy one but am wondering what all the install involves.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Look at their site, they have pictures and it might show.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I didn't see any good pics and didn't see any install instructions

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Yea sry. I knew they did on 7.3s though. Sry.

·
Registered
518 Posts
It tee's into the heater hose and a return line to the degas bottle.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Careful with t-ing into the cooling system on the 6.4L. They were VERY sensitive and cavitation was a MAJOR issue on the 6.4L. Any air trapped in the cooling system can cause cavitation.. I actually think there was a TSB on some sort of dearation kit for the 6.4L.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybethis is a stupid question, but can you please explain cavitation? And how do you know if you have air trapped in your cooling system?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Cavitation is the rapid formation and collapse of vapor pockets in a flowing liquid in regions of very low pressure, a frequent cause of structural damage to propellers, pumps, etc.

·
Registered
808 Posts
how do you not have this problem with air trapped in the system? can you bleed it out?

any one have a link for the coolant filter kit talked about above??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how do you not have this problem with air trapped in the system? can you bleed it out?

any one have a link for the coolant filter kit talked about above??
just go to dieselsite.com and click on coolant filtration and that will get you in the right direction.

Oh yea thanks for all the feedback on the post, if anyone has any other helpful info please let us hear it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It tee's into the heater hose and a return line to the degas bottle.
Is the heater hose the one directly ontop of the engine that splits off from the degas bottle and which one is the return hose to the degas bottle.

·
Registered
518 Posts
No the heater hose is behind the airbox (requires air box removal to access) and the return line that gets used is the one that goes across the top of the fan schroud to the degas bottle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm going to but that kit myself next week and their tranny filter system. Keep us posted on what you get and how you like it.

Dom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts