Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be doing a DIY air intake here soon and I was wondering what would be the best filter I could use?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
For me it's the Donaldson B085011 (JMHO). Cheers!

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Donaldson also makes the Napa gold 6637, they also make the caquest one of nearly the same #

·
Registered
294 Posts
i have the 6637, AWESOME filter....saw a filter at walmart the fram ca8038 i think its a little smaller but it was 20 bucks. i will be getting one soon to test it out. any body else have opinions on this filter

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is my first diesel. I know on gassers it helps but I didn't know if it was significant enough increase for the investment.

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Oh yes, its seat of the pants feel. This is usually the first mod people do on a diesel, they like air and the factory never gives em enough

·
Registered
378 Posts
I bought my truck in September and added a TYMAR intake which uses a Donaldson filter. I would highly recommend the kit. It will run much better and it really does make a difference in the way the vehicle drives. I would recommend after that installing a Diamond Eye 4 or 5 inch turbo back exhaust after you do the filter. Those are the only two aftermarket addons that I have put on my OBS and it drives like a different truck. I got both my add ons from Cary at CT Performance. I would recommend working with him he is very helpful and can answer a lot of questions.

·
Full A-Team Member
6,407 Posts
Why wait?
Go to town, get a 6637 filter
45* piece of 4" exhaust pipe
A few large hose clamps
Go home, install new intake
:thumb:

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Pep boys couldn't figure it out, I went through the largest boxes they had in the air filter section till I found the fram ca8037

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I used a Baldwin PA2818.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts