Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dixie Strokers Introductions

26K views 334 replies 65 participants last post by  AU7POINT3 
#1 · (Edited)
If you would like to become a member of the Dixie Strokers please introduce yourself here. Just give a little info about you and your truck. I will start.

My name is Grayson and I live in Moody which is 20 miles east of Birmingham. I work with my Dad right now doing Stained Glass Windows for Churches. I am constantly in the Greater Birmingham Area and the Alexander City/Auburn area so if you are around those places let me know so we can meet up. My truck is a white 2005 F-350 srw that is my daily driver and has the miles to prove it.:doh: I cant wait to meet everyone. Here is a picture of the truck.

#5 ·
I’m the frog man, I live in the great north between Huntsville and Decatur about 3 miles from I-65 exit 334.

I’m 34 and have a wonderful wife and 1 daughter (15) and 3 step sons (16,17,20) and 2 grandchildren

I used to be an industrial multicraft maintenance man but now I run my own construction company specializing in just about everything, mostly commercial remodeling jobs on the local military base.

My truck is an early 99, I bought it over 5 years ago and it started breaking shortly there after. I have done all of the work myself including totally rebuilding the engine.
Right now my hobby is antique John Deere tractors.

I like to try and help folks, particularly folks who aint scared to work.

#6 ·
My name is Tracy Wright. I have an 06 f250 4x4 black with a tan bottom, 36k on the clock. She is pretty much a toy and tow truck. I have always loved trucks [prefer faster ones]. I'm 36 and pretty much act about late 20's. No kids, married when she claims me, work at Mercedes-Benz in Vance. We live in Centreville about 30 miles east of Tuscaloosa. We also have 4 other vehicles of our own and a Corolla I inherited. The other 4 are: 03 Ford Lightning [34,500], 07 Mustang GT [3900], 98 Tacoma [128,000] 95 Camry [206,000+]. As you can see by the list we kinda have a small collection. My hobbies are pretty much all car/truck related. Look forward to meeting the rest of you.

#7 ·
I'm Daryl Abbott. Just graduated Curry High School. I'm Just North of the ham. Worked at Scott Crump Toyota for 15months starting in the middle of my 11th grade year and got layed off at the end of my 12th. Didn't believe anyone when they said there wasn't any jobs out there but now I know. I'm in the 97 f350. Dad ordered it to his likings and its has been all over the eastern U.S. I couldn't find a truck I liked in my price range so he gave me "Big Blue" and we did afew things to it and thats how she is now. Have always been around big 4x4s and diesels so naturaly those are the things I like most. Me and my dad also built custom drums on the side. But reckon thats about it for me. Can't wait for a G2G!

#8 ·
Well, I guess I will go ahead and join in. Don't know how much as a member I will be involved in. Family takes up alot of time and running your own business does too, but I will do what I can.

Hi, my name is Stephen, and I too am a Dieselholic from Albertville, AL. I am 37 years old, but a kid at heart. I have been married for almost 14 years to one women and the only one I have ever dated. We have 3 kids, 11yo son, 9yo daughter, and a 5yo baby boy.

I own my own auto transport business (may dad pretty much handed it over to me about 7 years ago). It's tuff, but we will make it with the good Lord's help.

I own a 2004 F350 Lariat crewcab FX4 SRW. I was bitten with the MOD bug about 3 years ago and I haven't been able to stop since then. I paid it off back in February off this year, but given how bad business was and has been, I had to borrow against it keep things going.

I am an honest hard working person who likes to help others when the occasion arises.
I don't smoke, don't drink, and don't use bad language, so go on call me a goody two shoes, it's OK. Not tootin my own horn, just lettin' ya'll know a little about me and how i am. Hope that's OK.

Well, that's about it. Great to know all you guys and look forward to meeting more of ya.

#10 ·
Well, I guess I will go ahead and join in. Don't know how much as a member I will be involved in. Family takes up alot of time and running your own business does too, but I will do what I can.

Hi, my name is Stephen, and I too am a Dieselholic from Albertville, AL. I am 37 years old, but a kid at heart. I have been married for almost 14 years to one women and the only one I have ever dated. We have 3 kids, 11yo son, 9yo daughter, and a 5yo baby boy.

I own my own auto transport business (may dad pretty much handed it over to me about 7 years ago). It's tuff, but we will make it with the good Lord's help.

I own a 2004 F350 Lariat crewcab FX4 SRW. I was bitten with the MOD bug about 3 years ago and I haven't been able to stop since then. I paid it off back in February off this year, but given how bad business was and has been, I had to borrow against it keep things going.

I am an honest hard working person who likes to help others when the occasion arises.
I don't smoke, don't drink, and don't use bad language, so go on call me a goody two shoes, it's OK. Not tootin my own horn, just lettin' ya'll know a little about me and how i am. Hope that's OK.

Well, that's about it. Great to know all you guys and look forward to meeting more of ya.
Man that is a SWEET Truck! I love that color!

#9 ·
Well I am the GoFastPadre AKA Chris Solomon. I live in Mid TN, Lebanon to be exact. I am 8 Mi. South of I-40 on Cainsville Rd. I have been owned 24 years by the bestest girl in the world, her name is Allison. We have two kids Christopher 22 he and the love of his life Terra just got married June 6th and Kayla 19. I am an Ordained Baptist Preacher. I don't do a whole lot of preaching thse days. I work for RR Donnelley in Nashville as an Envelope Adjuster, a glorified mechanic that works on envelope folding equipment. I am hopelessly addicted to Powerstroke Modification, I just don't have the cash to do what I want. I will go anywhere and do anything for anybody who is in need. I have a tendancy to "help to a fault" so forgive me in advance. The Tennessee Chapter is 59 members strong now and growing. We can do the same here too!

#11 ·
Welcome aboard Padre, please feel free to share anything you have learned from the TN chapter that you think might help us out too.
Thanks for joining up with us lower latitude folks.

#12 ·
I will be as constuctiove as possible. :thumb: Keith Monville aka trbo dsl had our stickers made up, Ours came out great. Tom chvybrkr81 live in Clarksville and there are all kinds of sighn places there. Robbie aka crew991 also has a guy and know of another place too. We will surely find you somethin'!

#14 · (Edited)
Greetings dixie strokers from East Tennessee. New Member here, hope to meet you guys at one of the G2G's soon. Right now I have the front of my truck tore down due to some shotty mechanical work. The trans cooler punchered the condenser and radiator. :( I also need a water pump, so I'll be replacing several things while I have it apart and they'll be easy to get to. Bottom line, I won't make the Joint G2G, but I look forward to the next opportunity to hook up and peer under the hoods of some other PSD's!

#16 ·
Hey guys. Most of my particulars are listed in the TN Intro thread post 2 I think. I got there ahead of Chris believe it or not.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/tennessee-powerstrokes/105556-tps-introductions.html

I dropped the link so I won't have to update in multiple places. Just ordinary folks trying to get by. If you guys need help and I'm around let me know.

That is only because Eric didn't PM me about the post :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:eek:r even better because I did not pot the thread:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:You had to get up before breakfast though didn't ya!:confused::confused::hehe::hehe::woot::woot: I will have to be more on my game I see. :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: How many posts do you have compared to your join date :confused::confused::confused: :hehe::hehe: I am SOOOOO glad it is Friday!

#17 ·
Hello all my name is Robbie aka crew991, i live in mid tn also i am a firefighter/emt-iv for Wilson Ema and till Sept 11 Gallatin fire. i have been married to my lovely wife Tammy for 11 yrs we have 2 children Brandon and Ashley, he is 11 and just started jv football this year and she is 8 and a daddy's girl. i am very active with his football team i enjoy hunting,racing,or anything outdoors and working on diesels. i am no expert but i can do most of the fix's myself i look forward to meeting all of you at the gtg

#21 ·
Hey guys, My name is Matt Scruggs, born and raised in Lynchburg, TN. I am 32years old, and been married for 12years with two kids. Lauren (3years old) Dylan (6years old). I graduated colleged in 1998 and went to work for Heidelberg Web Press for 3years as a traveling service tech working on printing presses, then worked at Kantus Corp in Lewisburg for 6.5 years in maintenance and engineering and now work for Nissan in Decherd in Maintenance. Love pulling, hunting, and the family. I am a Christian and not afraid to say that out loud, so sorry in advance if I offend any ones religous beliefs. If you guys ever need so help on the road or anywhere else. Give me a call and I will try my best.

Matt Scruggs
931-607-6288

#22 ·
Welcome Matt, I too am a Christian and proud of it. I also was an industrial maintenance man for around 15 years before I started my own contracting/construction company last year. I started out as a mechanic then became multicraft then moved into electrical engineering playing with PLC’s, then got fired because my new smelly French boss couldn’t get along with me. If you ever need any help give me a holler.

#23 ·
Hey folks I'm Skywalker and i live in Athens,AL not too far from Decatur and Huntsville.
I'm 33yrs old.I've been married for 12yrs. to the same woman.I know she is a good woman cause i still have all my limbs and she hasn't killed me.I have a 10yr old little girl and a 7yr old little boy.
I am a maintenance mechanic @ a steel mill here in decatur.
I like cold beer,copenhagen,guns,and antique john deere tractors.
My truck is a 2001 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab Lariat W/ a few mods.

#26 ·
Goose, don’t be too nice to him, he’s the SOB that I spent 17 hours getting his truck back home last weekend. Just kiddin, I know he would have done it for me and probably will in the future.

#27 ·
Hello Ya'll Dylan here from the tiny little town of Ardmore TN/AL yep right on the line.
I'm 23 work at the family biz printing the news every week I gotta white/gold '06 6.0 and I love this thing maybe more than I should. Thanks for letting me in, looks like we got a good group of folks here I'm ready to put some faces with some names.:thumb:

#31 ·
You can right click on the logo in my sig and 1) Click save as to save it on your comp. Then upload it to photobucket. or 2) you can right click and select properties. Then copy the url and paste it in your sig with the wrapped around it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.