Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dixie Strokers Introductions

26K views 334 replies 65 participants last post by  AU7POINT3 
#1 · (Edited)
If you would like to become a member of the Dixie Strokers please introduce yourself here. Just give a little info about you and your truck. I will start.

My name is Grayson and I live in Moody which is 20 miles east of Birmingham. I work with my Dad right now doing Stained Glass Windows for Churches. I am constantly in the Greater Birmingham Area and the Alexander City/Auburn area so if you are around those places let me know so we can meet up. My truck is a white 2005 F-350 srw that is my daily driver and has the miles to prove it.:doh: I cant wait to meet everyone. Here is a picture of the truck.

#294 ·
Just realized I should have given a little more on myself: I'm Josh and I work with my Dad/Grandad, we own a contracting and construction company, most of our work being insurance claims but we also do renovations. I have also worked for the Ford dealer here in town and always enjoyed working on cars, owning a 98 Mustang GT then stepping up to a 97 Cobra that I built a little bit. Our company purchased my truck in early 03 from Woody Anderson and my Grandad drove it until 08 when we sold our '00 7.3 Dually and purchased a 6.4 F350 SRW KR. He drives the 6.4 and I sold my cobra, purchased the 6.0 from the company and put it in my own name. I go to UAH/Calhoun studying to be a Mechanical Engineer but I will always see myself working on muscle cars/diesels when I can!

#296 ·
Yep, you poor misguided sick-o's, we 7.3 folks pity your sad souls;
(This coming from a guy thats been through 2 trannys, 3 engines, 2 rear ends, 2 sets of injectors, 3 turbos, etc......)

#299 ·
I been around here for awhile now so I thought I'd introduce myself and maybe join up with the Dixie Strokers. My name is Justin but I'm widely known around these parts as Flash. I'm an '03 graduate of Nashville Auto-Diesel College. I worked at Woody Anderson Ford as a diesel tech for 9 years before I made the move to my current and freakin awesome employer McClary Ford in Athens,AL. My girlfriend and I have a lil boy due any day now and she has 2 from a previous marriage but I love them like my own. So if you guys need any technical advice or assistance hit me up and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!

#300 ·
Welcome Flash, your in my neck of the woods, I bought my 94 ranger from Woody anderson and I still buy some parts there when I can't find them on the internet.
Welcome and let me know if you ever need anything.

#302 ·
I reckon I'll introduce myself. I'm Tyler and I'm 28 years old from Ozark, AL (25 miles north of Dothan) and drive a black 2005 CCSB F250 FX4. I'm married to a great woman and have a 5 year old step son and 1 year old daughter. I just purchased my F250 3 weeks ago with 88,000 miles on it. It has an 8 inch lift, 20 inch MKW M19 wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's (38x15.5x20's) with a 4 inch dual MBRP exhaust. I will be buying an Edge Insight CTS this weekend. No engine mods yet, but in the next few months I will be sending it off to a local shop here to be studded, along with the EGR delete, new oil cooler, blue spring, stc fitting, dummy plugs, standpipes, 6.4 banjos, etc. My wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting to spend all this money, and maybe I just am, but boy will it be fun.

#303 ·
Welcome Flash and TotalDoubt

Welcome to the group guys. Total doubt, how money you dropping in on that truck for all those mods? My turbo threw a 0229code this week and like to have choked on the $500 bill. Anyways glad to see someone has some money to make these engines perform. Have a great 4th guys!

#304 ·
I found a reputable shop that would do all the work for $1500, which I thought was a really great price. That's for EVERYTHING. He said if my heads need any work it would be at the most an additional $100-200. Turn around time will only be 3 days. I figured all the parts would be roughly $1500-$2000, so I'll be in it around $3000-$4000. I looked into buying a 2 year/24,000 mile extended warranty through Ford, but it runs right at $2500. I figured I could just throw in another $500-$1000 and just bullet-proof the motor, which would be the main reason I'd buy the warranty.

#305 ·
Welcome to yet another sick-o!

I'm running 37" mickey T's on my white truck and I like them, the 6" lift jars my guts out though. Post up a pick of that 8' lift if you get time.

#306 · (Edited)

I love this truck. I'll more than likely be switching over to a set of black wheels in the near future also. Black and chrome looks good together, but I've always been a fan of Black/Black. I just wish my interior was black. :(

#307 ·
Hey guys newbie here, thought I would introduce myself. My name is Matt, but everyone calls me Kosmo and seems to remember that so that's what I'll go by! I'm 26 and live in Harvest but work for Audi, VW, and Mazda in Huntsville. I bought a black 08 CC 4x4 lariat about 2 months ago and as of today I have a few toys ordered for it but other than that it's stock. Looks like a great site so far and hopefully sometime soon there will be a meet and I can see some of these great looking truck in person!

#308 ·
#310 ·
Looking to join!! My name is John and I live in Oxford, Ms (home of Ole Miss!!).. Ive been a police officer here for about 10 years. I have just recently got back into the diesel world and am more addicted now than I ever was... I started out around 95 with an 86 6.9 that was a dog but geared down so low it was like a tractor. After that I had a 99 7.3 which ran great.. Around November of last year I bought a 2004 6.0 and have been working on it ever since!!! In some good ways and bad!!! I have added studs, bpd egr, diamoneye exhaust, edge cts, new oil cooler and tons of updated parts.. I have to say that I havent felt this way bout a truck since I was in High school!! By the way Im 40!!!

#311 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.