Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dixie Strokers Introductions

26K views 334 replies 65 participants last post by  AU7POINT3 
#1 · (Edited)
If you would like to become a member of the Dixie Strokers please introduce yourself here. Just give a little info about you and your truck. I will start.

My name is Grayson and I live in Moody which is 20 miles east of Birmingham. I work with my Dad right now doing Stained Glass Windows for Churches. I am constantly in the Greater Birmingham Area and the Alexander City/Auburn area so if you are around those places let me know so we can meet up. My truck is a white 2005 F-350 srw that is my daily driver and has the miles to prove it.:doh: I cant wait to meet everyone. Here is a picture of the truck.

#194 ·
hey goose u forgot to add me to the map u can put me at auburn looks like ill be ther for the next 8 years

#197 ·
Im Joey Gilbert. Born and raised in Alabama. i left once and moved to ga for work, but i couldnt take it and came back 9 months later. Ive been working on gas burners since i could pick up tools. I bought my superduty 3 years ago, and i love it. Im just now starting to mod it though. My house is in vance off hwy 216, but im rarey there. I have my own shop in midfield that takes up the majority of my time, and the rest i spend with my girlfriend. I bought my superduty to be a tow rig for my rockcralwer, but not its my daily driver. at one time it rocked a 15" lift with 22"wheels and 40" nitto mud grapplers, but now i pull trailers a lot more than i used to so its back to stock height. so far the only things i have done to it are build the transmission and 4" mbrp straight pipe. im ordering a tw chip this week and guages and an intake shortly.

hope to meet some of you guys around sometime. im also into rockcrawling, shooting and guns in general, and pretty much anyhting outdoors, kayaking, camoing etc.

#199 ·
yeah, tony is running a sale so im gonna get stock, economy, daily, heavy tow, street and extreme. yeah i just found this site. i came looking for some insight on why i keep breaking my transmissions off the bellhousing. i think i got the info i need. guess ill find out next week. it sucks to put in transmissions every 4 weeks.

#201 ·
yeah 18k is bad. form what i have found out, i should have it fixed. i have only found one other person that has had the same problem and he replaced his engine mounts and fixed it. i know i dont have a driveshaft problem, so i guess mounts are really one of the only other things it could be. im not getting too much power to it. the truck is stock and im not driving it abusively. it does have a sonnax shift kit, but that shouldnt cause this.

#203 ·
Hey Bud you are gonna fit in with this bunch fine! Especially if you also love dogs! Glad you have narrowed down your problem. I hope this finally gives you some releif, I would not want to swap a trans that many times either..........:thumb:

#204 ·
yeah its a huge weight off my shoulders. i checked the rear cv last time, but it was still loose. i think at that point it may have been locking up or starting to when it got hot, as i drove, and was loose when i got around to taking the trans out and checking it. so now it is quite locked up. i can move it, but with great effort. so monday im gonna go ahead and put all new joints front and rear. this bellhousing is beyond repair. the crack goes from the bottom of the starter housing to the drivers side. only 2 bolts were left holding it in. YIKES! so im gonna weld up the first housing i broke since the crack in it is not so extensive.

as for dogs, i love em. i have a mutt that i found in the road. he is half german shephard, half golden retriever, and half buffalo. he weighs about 110 and stands as tall as my fence. good thing he doesnt know how to jump. my girlfriend has a wiermerainer and a rescue greyhound.

#206 ·
Hey guys my name is Justin but everyone calls me by my last name, Mason. I bought my '05 F350 srw at the start of June. I love it, it feels like a beast for me, and it's bone stock :hehe:. I'm from Nashville and a member of Tennessee Powerstrokes, but also wanted to be a member of Dixie Strokers. I have a few college buddies in Huntsville so I'm down there a few times a year.

I use my truck as a daily driver, I also landscape so about once a week my boss asks me to tow something his 2000 F150 can't:rofl:, trees, rock, etc...

Anyways thanks Goose for having me, we need to get a boarder G2G set up!!

#210 ·
I'm Blake, I own the truck in my sig, and I go to school full time (high school :hehe:) I have a part time job at a photography studio, and that's what pays for all the mods on my truck.

I am located in Prattville, and I live just far enough out where I can pee off my front porch. :lol:

#213 ·
I'm Brandon.

Live in Mobile, AL but drive frequently to Pascagoula, MS.

I have 9 1/2 years in the Coast Guard as a Machinery Technician so I've been around a few places.

I work on all sorts of mechanical things so if you need help then let me know!

I seem to have started the T5 trend also, though someone else here has led me to try it myself.

I also love to post up tutorials and help out others. So just let me know!

Truck is in my sig.

#216 ·
Just wanted to make my introduction.

I'm Patrick

I am a homebuilder in the Birmingham area. I love the outdoors hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling.

My daily drive is a 97 Dodge 12v that for the time being is stock. Looking to put some gauges in it soon and then going to have the trans beefed up so that I can start playing with the motor a little.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks and talking diesels.

#224 ·
.....Let me know if you want a hand with the gauges.......
Umm I am going to take you up on that. Not sure I can drill hole in my manifold.

Not sure if you know it goose but au2500 was in Cullman at the g2g, I met him right as we was leaving
Yeap that was me. I wish we could have talked more.

#218 ·
Welcome everyone, you can get a serious addiction here. Just wanted to warn ya'll. Later Whit

Oh, and goose have we gotten the SOS list updated?

#219 ·
Oh, and goose have we gotten the SOS list updated?
I might need someone else to take over that. I have a Mac now and I am not 100% sure if my excel files would be compatible with a PC. Ill email you it to see if it work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.