Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dixie Strokers Introductions

26K views 334 replies 65 participants last post by  AU7POINT3 
#1 · (Edited)
If you would like to become a member of the Dixie Strokers please introduce yourself here. Just give a little info about you and your truck. I will start.

My name is Grayson and I live in Moody which is 20 miles east of Birmingham. I work with my Dad right now doing Stained Glass Windows for Churches. I am constantly in the Greater Birmingham Area and the Alexander City/Auburn area so if you are around those places let me know so we can meet up. My truck is a white 2005 F-350 srw that is my daily driver and has the miles to prove it.:doh: I cant wait to meet everyone. Here is a picture of the truck.

#34 ·
names will. glad to be here already a member with tennessee powerstrokes. new to the game but learnin a little more every day.can wait to start moddin...

#36 ·
well im located in murfreesboro tennessee bout twenty min south of nashville. i HATE long walks on the beach lol. im goin to MTSU for a major in plant and soil science im a huge agriculture guy. im also 19 i think im bout the youngest guy here lol. but other than that...ya

#38 ·
How yall are my name is Justin I am 29 been married 3 years and have no kids
I am the head tech in the ridgeland MS city shop
I live in Flowood MS which is a suburb of Jackson in central MS
I drive a 99 F250 supercab long bed with 20x,xxx on the clock
its got 10 inches of lift, 38x15.50x20 Kumhos on 20x10 black Ultra Goliaths
a str8 pipe with a 5x30 tip I made from a scrap of a stack off a Peterbuilt
a 6637 airfilter, zoodad and ccv mod
lots more to come bought the truck bone stock about a month and a half ago

#39 · (Edited)
2/99, mine is a 3/98, Is 2/99 still an early 99?
I think the cut off date is 12/98?

edit:
I guess if I had thought about it and read the rest of your sig then I’d realized that yours is a 99.5 because of the Zoodad and the foil delete.

#40 ·
Its a halfbreed new style motor early suspension or it was I made a few mods when I lifted it:wink[3]:

#46 ·
Hello! I'm currently a member of the Tennessee Powerstrokes and would like to join the Dixie Strokers. I'm fairly new to the site, and have owned my Power Stroke for almost six months.

It's an early 99' F-250 7.3 4x4 Crew Cab. I've wrote my mods in my signature, so check them out! I've put about 3,000 miles on it, so it's clicked over to 190,000.

My name is Miranda. I live in east TN in the Knoxville vicinity. I'm not married and sure don't have any children. I've worked at the same place for the past 12, almost 13 years. It's a family business, motorcycle and atv sales and repair shop. I work most of the time, and enjoy it. I want to be a diesel tech or welder in the future, or I may continue the family business(I'm undecided)
My hobbies are my truck, dirt bikes, atv's, and staying in shape.
I'm probably(by reading the previous posts into this thread) the only female that has asked to be a part of this chapter. Also the youngest I believe, at 18.
I've worked since I was a kid, and so that's probably my greatest feature..my work ethic.

If anyone wants to know anything else just let me know!!
Thanks~

#47 ·
Hello! I'm currently a member of the Tennessee Powerstrokes and would like to join the Dixie Strokers. I'm fairly new to the site, and have owned my Power Stroke for almost six months.

It's an early 99' F-250 7.3 4x4 Crew Cab. I've wrote my mods in my signature, so check them out! I've put about 3,000 miles on it, so it's clicked over to 190,000.

My name is Miranda. I live in east TN in the Knoxville vicinity. I'm not married and sure don't have any children. I've worked at the same place for the past 12, almost 13 years. It's a family business, motorcycle and atv sales and repair shop. I work most of the time, and enjoy it. I want to be a diesel tech or welder in the future, or I may continue the family business(I'm undecided)
My hobbies are my truck, dirt bikes, atv's, and staying in shape.
I'm probably(by reading the previous posts into this thread) the only female that has asked to be a part of this chapter. Also the youngest I believe, at 18.
I've worked since I was a kid, and so that's probably my greatest feature..my work ethic.

If anyone wants to know anything else just let me know!!
Thanks~
Duh we would be at a great loss without you here as well as in the TN chapter! I think you make a great addition to both! You very well may be the youngest cause I think Miss Crystal is all of 20. I am well at the top of the age range here and there at 45, 46 in November. I just gotta ask if there is a chapter discount on ATV's cause I want one..................:hehe::hehe::hehe: Welcome to this Addiction to, Goose will be by soon to add you to the list. I am meeting with our graphics guy Barry next week so logo's should be along soon.:thumb:

#58 ·
My Rancher is a 2000 model and still going. I've sunk her to the seat once and she was still purring. I just pulled her out and changed fluids. I just rinsed her off from getting almost stuck a couple of hours ago. Apparently the tractor is better at mudding than the 4 wheeler. I didn't have to get off of it to get it out. I also learn that 3/4 worn out all terrain tires suck on a wet grass covered hillside. It took me 4 tries to get the f250 out. I finally just got ill and punched it to the top. I was trying not to tear up the grass and hillside since I cut it with the mower. I guess I loss that battle. Time for some BFG Mud Terrains.

#68 ·
Looking to join up.

Late 99' F250, 2wd service body, mechanic truck for my father's small trucking company, tow truck, etc. and my daily driver. Triple dog programer, 3.5" straight exhaust, DIY intake. 8100lbs no fuel/driver. 300k miles and counting. Compressor wheel/injectors next on list.

Located in Alabaster, but work in B'ham.
-tim

#71 ·
Whats up guys? New fella from North Alabama here, Albertville actually.
Looking to join up with you guys. I just got my first diesel last night.
2000 F250 7.3 crew cab Lariat short bed, SRW. Funny thing is I used to be a ford tech, but I was a gas burner tech and I dont know much about these diesels at all.(cept for the 100's of CPS's I swapped out.) They wanted me to learn diesels but after seeing my buddy have 2 back surgeries and 1 neck surgeries working on these things for the last 15 years, I opted to not take the diesel tech position.

Anyhow Im 30 years old married with 2 daughters. Broad Band Technician for Charter Communications. I enjoy automobiles cept the ricers. Into mustangs, trucks and anything that is fueled by testosterone! Actually traded a 79 TA in to get the truck.

Right now I am still feeling the truck out, I love it so far, just trying to learn more about it. Like how to keep the mpg up! Maybe make a little more power, but mainly I want the darn thing to last me a while. Its got 295k on it and Im told even though thats high on a gas burner its nothing for the 7.3's.

Hope to make alot of friends and learn alot here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.