Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dixie Strokers Introductions

26K views 334 replies 65 participants last post by  AU7POINT3 
I’m the frog man, I live in the great north between Huntsville and Decatur about 3 miles from I-65 exit 334.

I’m 34 and have a wonderful wife and 1 daughter (15) and 3 step sons (16,17,20) and 2 grandchildren

I used to be an industrial multicraft maintenance man but now I run my own construction company specializing in just about everything, mostly commercial remodeling jobs on the local military base.

My truck is an early 99, I bought it over 5 years ago and it started breaking shortly there after. I have done all of the work myself including totally rebuilding the engine.
Right now my hobby is antique John Deere tractors.

I like to try and help folks, particularly folks who aint scared to work.

Welcome aboard Padre, please feel free to share anything you have learned from the TN chapter that you think might help us out too.
Thanks for joining up with us lower latitude folks.

Welcome Matt, I too am a Christian and proud of it. I also was an industrial maintenance man for around 15 years before I started my own contracting/construction company last year. I started out as a mechanic then became multicraft then moved into electrical engineering playing with PLC’s, then got fired because my new smelly French boss couldn’t get along with me. If you ever need any help give me a holler.

Welcome Skywalker. Hang around and you will learn more than you could imagine!
Goose, don’t be too nice to him, he’s the SOB that I spent 17 hours getting his truck back home last weekend. Just kiddin, I know he would have done it for me and probably will in the future.

names will. glad to be here already a member with tennessee powerstrokes. new to the game but learnin a little more every day.can wait to start moddin...
Welcome, tell us about yourself like where you stays and what you dos.

2/99, mine is a 3/98, Is 2/99 still an early 99?
I think the cut off date is 12/98?

edit:
I guess if I had thought about it and read the rest of your sig then I’d realized that yours is a 99.5 because of the Zoodad and the foil delete.

I got to figuring it up and if I’m countin right I got 15 batteries, 22 galloons of oil, 10 oil filters, 48 gallons antifreeze, and 74 tires to keep up with. Not to mention all of the hydro fluid and gear dope and etc…. and that’s just the maintenance side of it.
Why do we do these things to ourselves?

Hey Strokers,
My name is Patrick Greenwell and I live in Decatur, Alabama.
Hey Patrick, I live in Priceville which is a Decatur address. I own my own small construction company and work primarily on the Arsenal. Nice to have another North Al boy on the board.

harley1rocker, glad to see another old guy join up, we need all we can get.
I’m going to be down in your part of the world this weekend, the wife planned some sort of trip to Alexander city to a B&B and some sort of civil war reenactment.

Alex City, heh? Yall staying at the Mistletoe? Try out Cecil's why you are there. Pretty good pork chops.
I just asked the wife and she said that it is the Mistletoe place, she has gotten on this B&B kick lately, we stayed in one in Montevallo a few weeks ago.
Her happiness is my number one goal in life.

Welcome, I live in the Huntsville area, when your down this way give me a hollar and we'll do lunch or something.

Welcome to the group, sounds like you got one heck of a truck there, and your luck with it sounds similar to mine. I’ve been repairing mine for around 7 years now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.