Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
It is not zip tied to anything but it self. I thought it was for a hood lamp, it is not. The plug doesn't fit the LED lamp plug...it's not even remotely close to the same plug. My guess is it is something to do with the plow package. This is on a 2021. I put that picture in to show how a clear zip tie was used and it looks crappy. Factory, I'm fairly certain because it had less than 6 miles when I picked it up. I put a black one on there, like they should have done... guys. I'm just irritated with the little things, the door I can and did adjust, the tabs I put in on the fender, the clear and grey zip ties I'm changing them to black. The factory let this go, it missed multiple quality checks...I was in Waco the other day and saw a guy in a Limited F450, with the missing push tabs on the front passenger side flare just like mine. I asked him about it when he was loading it with a generator. His response was, " It runs, don't it?". I was shocked. He didn't care and it seems Ford doesn't either.
Guy, if you are on here, let us know....

·
Registered
267 Posts
It is not zip tied to anything but it self. I thought it was for a hood lamp, it is not. The plug doesn't fit the LED lamp plug...it's not even remotely close to the same plug. My guess is it is something to do with the plow package. This is on a 2021. I put that picture in to show how a clear zip tie was used and it looks crappy. Factory, I'm fairly certain because it had less than 6 miles when I picked it up. I put a black one on there, like they should have done... guys. I'm just irritated with the little things, the door I can and did adjust, the tabs I put in on the fender, the clear and grey zip ties I'm changing them to black.

Wow, yeah that is where the under hood light should be on a 21. 2022 they deleted it but I don't think they have that dead end wiring. I was able to find a thread on another forum showing what looks like the same thing on a 2021, wires with no light. He was able to purchase a OEM light that plugged right in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Can you post the link to the thread? Maybe the 17-20 uses a different light...I'll post a part number...this one is definitely not it...or wrong part in the box

I'm curious as to what his looks like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The F450 I ordered from the factory has a very poor fit and finish. The door had a gap, it was missing all the push tabs in the front fender flares, it doesn't have a hood light or the hood insolation, it has both squeeze clamps and screw camps under the hood that look cheap, it has black, grey and clear/yellow zip ties under the hood. For $80k+ it should be better. Yes, the dealership experience was horrible and that's part of it. I'm thinking I'll buy a Ram next, I've yet to see these issues besides crappy dealers with Ram in the last few years.
The Ram's I looked at before I ordered my F450 had an amazing fit and finish.

My 2010 is great, my 20 year old car is great...

The dealership damaged the first one and I had to wait 7 months to get this truck and they gave me lip about it when I saw it during delivery and refused to take it. They didn't even inform me about it either.

Mechanically it's been okay other than the cruise control issue and I'm having trouble finding a dealer I trust to leave it with. The selling dealer won't see a dime more from me even for warranty work.

Sign of the times. I had bought a 2021 Class C Motor home built on an E450 Chassis. The Chassis was great, except for a spartan interior for the price, but the coach had been less than acceptable. Issue after issue. Dealer,Mfg were of no help. After 6-months of back and forth, I traded for another dealer, another brand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man you made me go double check mine but think I would have noticed by now. Fender flare tabs and a light under the hood, whew. I did think my hood was going to fly off shortly after I got it and got up to highway speed but stopped and checked and all was secured. I guess in the weight saving process they thinned the hood down from the 15 I traded in and it flexes pretty good. Not that it should matter but I ordered my limited and got it in December. Nothing noticeable right off the bat but the dealership told me one of the front rims had a pretty good gouge in it when it arrived after shipping. They already had it taken care of but they showed me and you couldn't even tell where it had been buffed and polished. Now fast forward a couple months and I noticed (well finally noticed b/c I rarely get in the back seat) but on the inside of both rear doors there is a rubber grommet covering an open hole below the lock that was missing. Told the dealer and they got me a couple mailed to the house. Haven't had any problems other than that but I must complain about these POS tires that are falling apart and cupping with proper psi and normal rotations at every 7k oil change. Just over 21k on them now, mostly highway toting our LQ horse trailer or cattle trailers, and it seems like once they get to the front is when they start having the issue. Noticed it within the first 5k and the dealer has looked at the alignment and said to run the recommended pressure and they'll be fine. Nothing they can do b/c that's what comes on the truck unless they get recalled is what I was told. To me they just seem like a super hard compound that is breaking down getting brittle from heat build up. Maybe it's from running 70 on the highway but I've just never had a tire do this before this early on and the dealer didn't inform me that the speed was excessive causing failure so guess we'll just save up for new ones b/c I doubt they'll even give a discount with the tire plan warranty. Also not excited to get a recall to have a brand new transmission torn apart for the planetary replacement but at least they're going to extend the warranty coverage on that. Must say we have a pretty good dealership where I'm at but we're kind of rural and small. They sell a bunch of SD to us farmers and such but there isn't that big city approach when buying or getting service done there. However on the flip side with it being smaller you don't always get things done as quickly as you might in a bigger market when it comes to service, maintenance or recalls.

Reactions: ZMANN

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Like I said, it's the little things that should come on the truck and work. They cost enough. I will get it to my standards...I need an ECM, and have it programmed to my VIN, then send it to Canada for a nice tune. I'm my own warranty, before I hear that argument again. The dealers will not touch my , scratch it, leave bolts out or round heads off...been down that road. I have my Magtec diff covers. I just need the time to install them. Come on Magtec, make a trans pan already.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
When I ordered mine, I did not sign any papers until I visually inspected every inch, inside and out. Test drove it.

I've heard of these horror stories of a blind sign and your left with what you have, a bad bitter experience.

Try RAM but from what I have seen and heard, they are junk.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I did look it over found. Found the push tabs missing, valve stem caps gone, oil over full-time, ended up draining 15 quarts, rubber band. All easy stuff to correct, I didn't want them to order a 3rd truck and they were $4,000 cheaper than the surrounding dealers.
I did NOT want them to take it in back to drain the oil to the correct level. They would likely messed something up like round off the drain plug head or cross thread it. Picking it up empty was a blessing. Hell, I financed just a few bucks. When they were doing the paperwork for the credit union, the guy forgot to enter a 0 on my yearly income. I still didn't have any problems getting it. It was not a good experience. I had the cash, but with IRs at 1.49% why not.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts