Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The F450 I ordered from the factory has a very poor fit and finish. The door had a gap, it was missing all the push tabs in the front fender flares, it doesn't have a hood light or the hood insolation, it has both squeeze clamps and screw camps under the hood that look cheap, it has black, grey and clear/yellow zip ties under the hood. For $80k+ it should be better. Yes, the dealership experience was horrible and that's part of it. I'm thinking I'll buy a Ram next, I've yet to see these issues besides crappy dealers with Ram in the last few years.
The Ram's I looked at before I ordered my F450 had an amazing fit and finish.

My 2010 is great, my 20 year old car is great...

The dealership damaged the first one and I had to wait 7 months to get this truck and they gave me lip about it when I saw it during delivery and refused to take it. They didn't even inform me about it either.

Mechanically it's been okay other than the cruise control issue and I'm having trouble finding a dealer I trust to leave it with. The selling dealer won't see a dime more from me even for warranty work.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I can understand the disappointment, no-one wants to have issues with a brand new truck, especially at this price point. I would say the whole parts shortages, covid stuff plays into it but really this isn't new. There are fitment issues on my 2019, and similar issues have been brought up since even earlier. Deleted parts, like the light and underhood insulation are also nothing new, seems like every year they take something away. Part of the problem, or maybe the biggest problem I see, is allowing the trucks to ship in less than perfect condition, leaving it up to the dealerships to resolve. As you have pointed out, not all dealerships are easy to work with or care. It does tarnish the brand.

Hopefully you can find a competent dealer that you can trust, and the truck will give you many miles/years of enjoyable use.

·
california deplorable
11,252 Posts
today...and i hate to say it but its the truth
things are not built as well as they were in years past...
thats not just trucks its everything.
that said ....
this would mean a lot more to everyone with pics...
just sayin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

The rubber band got mighty hot at the dealership. And got a piece of paper from Kentucky by the passenger side battery. I guess they thought they were supposed to be there. Or is it the dealership's way to tell me to unhook the rubber band and let certain parts fall off?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will NOT give this dealer another dime. I called Ford Corporate and they said they are independently owned, nothing they can do, sorry you are unhappy and waited 7 months for a truck. I wanted to buy at Brandon Ford in Florida but was told repeatedly they didn't want to do business with me as I'm in Texas. They cited COVID... Oklahoma....Same thing....I think they need to do away with salesmen...have a built to order.. online..pick it up...I've never met an honest one. Ford's response just made me want a Ram more. Ram is moving up in customer satisfaction and Ford is dropping...fast. they don't care.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I may, however, if they see all these things that I do, they won't give me anything for it. Who uses, a clear zip tie, a grey one and a black one 8" apart from one another. Who uses a screw camp on one part of the cooling system and a squeeze clamp on another part of the cooling system. I've put all the tabs in the fender flare and changed out 3 clear zip ties for black...I am working on it.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Personal opinion, I think the boys were taking parts off of it.
Water under the bridge now, you wont know until you try. Plus you will be much happier not looking at this in the driveway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They might have been...they were not honest with me...the owner lives in Austin Texas and i don't think he has any ideas what they do. ....or say. He's about 150 miles away from his dealership

·
Registered
142 Posts
I test drove a new Ram a few months back. I have said it before and will again, a wooden wheel solid axle wagon would have been a smoother ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
So you were so happy to get your $80k+ truck you didn't inspect it while at the dealer?????????????????????????????

Looks like the under hood PDI wasn't done.

People need to learn to inspect their trucks before they pay/sign the paper work.

Sorry for showing people your lesson was learned the hard way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No,
The dealership dicked me around. I waited 7 months for the truck. Said they would be happy to sell it to someone else in this market...so I'd have to go to another dealer and wait another 4 months... almost a year for a damn truck....come on The first truck was complete, not missing anything...but they scratched it up bad and didn't tell me...I refused the sale the GM got upset and started pacing back and forth....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

The first truck back in February. I posted pictures of the scratches....the truck was sold scratched...in less than a week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm convinced they didn't do a PDI on it at all. It was missing all 6 valve stem caps, noticed. He said they didn't put gas in it yet (Thank GOD) as it was empty when I picked it up. It wouldn't have run long if they put gas in it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts