Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you dislike the about your 2011 Super Duty?

So for the only thing besides the urea tank is the key. I hate having the remote fob built in with the key.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Shows differences of opinions, I love the fob/key combination.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the grill....actually I think it is terrible looking.

The only other thing is the 4x4 sticker...it has room for some improvement.

Oh ya...the price too :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pulled the 4X4 stickers off first thing. My major dislike is not having a "FULL" indicator for the DEF tank.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Sorry for the derail, but what happens when the truck runs out of Urea?

·
Registered
8 Posts
DEF warning messages and vehicle operations

WARNING: Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) must be refilled when

low or replaced when contaminated or the vehicle speed will be

speed limited to 55 mph (89 km/h) and then 50 mph (80 km/h). In

these conditions, drive with caution and refill DEF immediately. If the

DEF becomes empty or contaminated fluid is not replaced, the vehicle

will become limited to idle speed only once stopped. In these

conditions, be cautious where you stop the vehicle because you may

not be able to drive long distances and will not be able to maintain

highway speeds until DEF is refilled or replaced.

Your vehicle’s message center will display a series of messages regarding

the amount of DEF available. A systems check will display messages

indicating the amount of DEF available (OK or under 1⁄2 full) or will

produce a warning message that displays the mileage (kilometers)

remaining as the fluid in the DEF tank nears empty. For more

information on warning messages, see the Message center section in the

Instrument Cluster chapter of your Owner’s Guide.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
When I test drove a '11 I didn't like there was no head room in the truck. At least there isn't as much as my '10 has.

·
Registered
874 Posts
So for the only thing besides the urea tank is the key. I hate having the remote fob built in with the key.
Just curious....why do you not like the fob built in to the key?

I love it, especially since I never put other keys on with my truck key.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Does everyone all ready sale urea for the tank and how much is it per gal? I was told you can get it at Pilot Truck Stops for $2.99 per gallon, and they have a pump on the fuel island just like the diesel pumps for it.
I dislike the price of the truck and not real fond of the rear fenders on the DRW's.

Doug

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
What do you dislike the about your 2011 Super Duty?

So get you a get from an XL without keyless entry, and whabam problem solved

·
Registered
612 Posts
I dislike the.... actually I hate the... you know what really bugs me is....it isn't the mega torque, high horsepower 2012!!!!!!!!! But the upside is, there will be a well broke in 2011 if I REALLY need the extra power.:hehe:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I looked over a Buddies gov. issue 6.7 the other day (BLM) and was not impressed with the plastic oil pan and the drain plug. Looks like an off-road nightmare waiting to happen JMO. The oil filter hung pretty low too. This truck was an XL F250 supercab 4x4, probably had the 3:31 rear end, he said it was a dog in the low end and sure enough he could not make it break loose on gravel where we were. I thought they took care of that??? It reminded me of my 6.4 when it was stock. He was averaging better than 16mpg and he was impressed with that!! Does any one else have low end acceleration problems too?????? Maybe this truck has something wrong with it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just curious....why do you not like the fob built in to the key?

I love it, especially since I never put other keys on with my truck key.

Mark
I'm in and out of my truck so many times a day (usually while its running) its just a pain to use the key pad all the time. I had a cheap key made at ace hoping that if I had the spare factory key close (under the column) to the ignition that it would work. That's how the old remote start used to work. It's a no go on that idea. Dang near have to have it taped to the key I had made. O well I'll get used to it

·
Registered
300 Posts
You "true" Ford guys won't understand this but if you have ever spent much time driving a Dodge or GM truck you will. I don't like the Ford steering ratio - too many turns of the wheel to get results on the ground. I know this is a Ford thing because I drove my buddies' 04 F250 and it steered the same as my 11 does. As a side note - I was afraid he wasn't coming back with my truck, he fell in love with it and is now working on a deal to trade himself. I told myself I would get used to the steering - and I will, someday. It is taking much longer than I thought it would.

I don't think much of the electric locker axle. I spin one tire damn near every time I start off when pulling. I give a little throttle and then the boost jumps up and I'm spinning. I shouldn't have to pull a switch each time I want to go.The Eaton automatic locker on my GM never allowed that to happen unless I was going for it, then both tires would spin.

Here is my biggest ***** - - - - - no cigg lighter and none available YET!!! Come on Ford, even my wife's 12K Hyundia Accent has a factory cigg lighter. My dealer keeps telling me he has a lot of requests for the cigg lighter kit to replace one of the many power points but so far - nadda!!!!! For 50 grand, I should be able to kill myself anyway I want to. I have a 99 cent Bic in the door pocket - classy huh??

I wouldn't trade the rest of the truck for any other brand. I like the size, interior, looks, power, bells and whistles (toys) and most of all - the jeolousy factor of friends and neighbors. This truck was made to pull trailers and all the things it does for this purpose are great.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I looked over a Buddies gov. issue 6.7 the other day (BLM) and was not impressed with the plastic oil pan and the drain plug. Looks like an off-road nightmare waiting to happen JMO. The oil filter hung pretty low too. This truck was an XL F250 supercab 4x4, probably had the 3:31 rear end, he said it was a dog in the low end and sure enough he could not make it break loose on gravel where we were. I thought they took care of that??? It reminded me of my 6.4 when it was stock. He was averaging better than 16mpg and he was impressed with that!! Does any one else have low end acceleration problems too?????? Maybe this truck has something wrong with it.
Sounds like the fuel filters might need changed. I recently got back from a trip, on the last leg, I lost low end power, and the ability to pick up speed once rolling. I had the fuel filters changed, and this truck NEVER had the power it does now. I have never been able to take traction control off, lock the rear end, and light em up like this! (on pavement!!)

1 - 20 of 133 Posts