Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discount Tire Direct has obtained some FREE evaluation brakes from the friendly folks at EBC to launch its new line of premium brake pads. For the next three weeks 3 lucky forum members will win a set of Yellowstuff Front Brake pads. (1 winner per week for 3 weeks)

YELLOWSTUFF
Brake Upgrade high friction pads to improve braking and reduce stopping distances on SUV and light trucks.

We are sure you will be delighted with the quality of these fine components manufactured in the UK by EBC brakes and now available on-line from Discount Tire Direct. DTD is now showcasing the entire EBC Brakes pad and rotor range available for two day delivery across most of the United States.

To be eligible all you have to do is post in this thread, tell us what YOU need from your brakes or what needs to be improved on the brakes you have now.

The first drawing will be Friday October 2nd, 2009. Good luck!

More information about EBC Brakes:

To purchase EBC brake products from us please visit us on: eBay Motors-EBC Brakes

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
-Throwing in my ticket.

I believe the most important traits in a brake pad are heat dissipation, solid grab, then long life. I am familiar with EBC from both motocross and mountain bike applications. I like the options offered with different compounds based on usage.
My use of truck brakes varies from every-day non-load driving to driving smaller trailers with up to 2500lbs. Generally these light trailers have no trailer brakes so, I depend on my trucks brakes.
Driving unloaded in my f350 I notice a falloff in stopping power when the brakes are applied heavily -such as realizing you're about to go by the road you want to take. -Even given a good deal of 'slow-down' space, my stock brakes leave me wondering if I'll make the turn or not when applied heavily for more than 5 or so seconds. The pedal feels fine and firm but, pressing it with more force in this situation yields no more stopping power -has to be heat.
Moving on to solid grab - This is a tossup. Sintered pads obviously grab better but at the expense of rotor life. -Maybe 'sinter' made from metal that's softer than the metal used in rotors will be a good balance of grab and life.

·
powerstrokin
2,857 Posts
sounds like a good deal to me, Im always down for better stopping power with oversize wheels and tires

·
Registered
559 Posts
Better stopping power on my F350 would be great, the stock pads lasted quite a while, but always seemed to lack any initial bite or grab. They have allways gotten the job done, but I would love to have something a little more aggressive, but still long lasting.

It's a 2005 F350 FX4 Dually 4 door.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I need pads that have more than just initial stopping power, something that will also help when driving through deep water and mud.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I pull a combined weight of 22k. I need something a lot better to stop with. stock is ok but if I really have to stop on a dime I don't know i could. I've been looking at those pads myself. from what I here they are suppose to be the sh*t.:thumb:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Im sick of stock pads squealing and throwing so much dust. i wash my truck weekly and the next day its filthy. Towing a light trailer without brakes on it, i feel it pushing, and wish the trucks brakes grabbed better. When i tow my heavier tandem trailer i still feel it pushing, and want the truck to grab and stop where i want it to.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
I need something thats gonna last and have great stopping power. I tow heavy consistantly. The brakes on my 06 are ok. But I need something better

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I just like having breaks you can count on to work when you need them and I do a lot of highway driving and need them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would really like to have better stopping ability and less dust on my wheels. I have heard great things about EBC for heavy duty trucks. I've been using EBC break pads on my dirtbikes for years with no troubles.

·
Registered
804 Posts
id love them..

i just cant ever seem to afford shiny things like that

plus i do alot of heavy towing.
they would help conciderably.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Ticket

My truck hauls a trailer 6 out of 7 days in a week, i need brakes that can stop a load in stop and go traffic and can also keep my rims clean:thumb:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I need a set of brakes that will give me more stopping power when I'm towing my 21' boat, less dust so I don't have to wash my beautiful wheels every damn week, and something that will help me stop when I'm going through a rutted out mud hole. It would also be nice if people stopped hearing me because of my squeaky brakes and not my straight piped beast!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I need front brakes that create less dust on the chrome wheels, stop quickly in an emergency and have the ability to handle heavy braking loads- such as trailer pulling or when our beds are full of goodies, we are driving 4.5+ ton vehicles and stopping doesn't come easy

·
Registered
270 Posts
I hate my squealing and dust throwing brakes.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I need better brakes to stop this wild azz modded 6.0! :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I need break bads that last a long time, don't get excessivly hot, dont squeak and dont produces excessive dust. I need breaks so heres my ticket

1 - 20 of 63 Posts