Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
I was wondering if I would get a smoother ride off road if I remove the front sway bar , and even on the road, it seems to be rather harsh on side to side movement like when I go up a driveway kitty corner it’s enough to throw ya out the window , any down side to this? Any of You running without a front swaybar?

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Offroad I think it would be an advantage b/c it would give you more articulation yet on road cornering it would create alot of body roll

WELCOME TO ORG! ! !

·
Registered
435 Posts
I took my off when i was changing the bushings, and drove it with out. I really didn't notice much difference. I didn't do any hard driving though.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I took my off when i was changing the bushings, and drove it with out. I really didn't notice much difference. I didn't do any hard driving though.
The only time you will tell is during hard cornering besides that you would never know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had mine off on my '02 and it really wandered when driving down the road. I'd leave it on unless you do most of your driving on twisty trails.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Someone on here i saw had a quick disconnect on theirs, not sure how they did it though. I'd kinda like to know.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Offroad I think it would be an advantage b/c it would give you more articulation yet on road cornering it would create alot of body roll

WELCOME TO ORG! ! !
I agree. They put them there for a reason. Off road it is a plus, on road it's a big negative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts