Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found myself very upset today when I called EDGE to ask them about their product and what it can do to the transmission. It seems that my 06, F-550, 6L is not supported by EDGE products. Hence my truck still in the shop (7 days now) and the tranny being yanked out and inspected. I wish I would have found this forum before I bought the EDGE. I'm completely amazed how I had these problems after only 400 miles. Does anyone think if I leave the transmission learn mode off if that might help?

·
im fat and ugly
15,689 Posts
i dont have experience with edge but sounds like you need to dump the edge and get an sct with custom tunes, the edge may "claim" they can train the tranny but its not the same as having it tuned

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I've been reading on here. I asked them if they could tune it for the 550 and they actually said that they would be willing to look at it and see what they could do. IDK they may just be feeding me a line there. As much as I hate to I just need to downsize the truck and go back to a 350 say with a 7.3 in it...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'd be willing to try one more time I guess. I've already wasted 450 on the Diablo and now 800 on the EDGE, what's another 400 or so, right? Do you have some info on innovative?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I read that, I already went through some of those other things in that thread without having a tuner on the truck. The dealership replaced 1 injector and 2 other sensors (don't know which ones off top of my head) and had to reflash it. Is this something I should pass on to the dealership for the tech that is working on the tranny? And does it sound right that I had this failure after only 400 miles?

·
The Lady Mod
8,515 Posts
I really can't give you a definate answer on that. Did you run both the Edge and the Predator on the tranny? I do have experience with the Predator and know first hand that it will eat a tranny after a period of time, but if you had not run anything on the tranny but the Edge and only for 400 miles, that seems a little suspect to me. I will give this a bump for you. Someone should be along to give you another opinion. Good luck in solving your problem. I personally believe in the SCT. It is so much better for both your motor and your tranny.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran the predator for about 14000 miles. Then when I came out west here I started having some problems, like it was hard to start, mileage went way down. I took the predator out at that point and drove it around, I thought maybe I picked up a bad batch of fuel. After about a month I took it to Ford and found out about the bad injector and stuff. I tried to reload the predator but I guess the reflash messed something up cause it wouldn't go. That's when I bought the EDGE and installed it.

·
The Lady Mod
8,515 Posts
So the tranny had time with the Predator prior to the Edge! AHHHHHHHH! I see said the blind lady! That could very well be an issue. The Predator can be rough on the tranny. We ended up having to do a Suncoast Superduty rebuild on ours.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess it will all be ok now, Ford is replaceing the transfer case and tearing the tranny down to see if it needs to be replaced too.

·
The Lady Mod
8,515 Posts
That is good to hear. Good Luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts