Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to do the ccv mod!!! Here's why. The other day, while I was changing my power steering pump, I had to remover the intercooler hose on the drivers side. It was NASTY!!! :tard: It had alot of oily goop inside the entire area and I decided that that had to stop!

So since all that oil goop has been ran through my stock turbo, wouldn't it be smart to take the turbo off and clean it up???? :confused: Wouldn't that have an effect on the turbos performance?????

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
You could if you wanted, but I don't think its necessary. When I pulled my turbo with 75 thousand miles the compressor section wasn't full of oil at all:thumb:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my turbo has 215,000 miles on it???? Do you think it needs it with that many miles on it???

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there any realitivly cheap mods that I could do to my turbo while its out????

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
You might want to consider a rebuild kit for about 100 bucks if you have it out:thumb:

·
Registered
234 Posts
you should rebuild the turbo for sure. the oil is most likely leaking by the turbo seals rather than blow by from crankcase.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right on so.... re-build the turbo. What is the next best thing on the up grade ladder???

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
A wicked wheel, x-wheel, or the stealth automotive wheel. One of those should be pretty easy and run from about $50-$80. Thats what i would do...Everything else i knoe of is VERY expensive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts