Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah I don't want anything huge like 98 gallons. I get paid every week so my point is I'd rather save up money and have a $150 fill-up every two weeks (so I can set money aside and put the rest in the bank) than have to fill up every week and spend $100.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The CC LB DRW isn't bad. Give it a month or two and you'll know what parking lots to not even bother trying to keep it in one space. The truck is longer than your average parking space by 3 ft. Home Depot's spaces are actually wide enough and long enough to keep it in 1 space. The dollar store? Put the driver side tire right on the line, the pass side will be OVER the line by 6". :hehe:

It's not bad at all though, just expect to walk a few extra feet. Need to plan your space out a little too. If I keep it in 1 space and someone parked on both sides, it could be hard if not impossible to get out of the space. (maybe this isn't much of a problem for SRW trucks with the better turning on at 05+ axle?) Easy solution - back in facing an isle so you can just pull straight out... or take 2 spaces.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would be getting an 05-07 so it would have the updated front suspension. However I wouldn't get a dually because I don't need one. I think I'll end up getting a short bed.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
CCSB SRW's are going to be very easy to find in those years, and will be a great truck for you. Just make sure you get the monitor, and don't buy someone's problem truck.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Yes, I think a CCSB SRW with 4x4 and the 6.0L would be a good fit. Just make sure its within your budget, and educate yourself before the purchase. Wait to find the right truck before you make the investment.

·
Premium Member
20,344 Posts
I am running the scan gauge 2...
If I could do it over I would get php's ficm tuner gryphon so I could tune my ficm AND have a monitor in one: thumb:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
What brand monitor are you guys running?
The PHPs FICM tuner is pretty limited in what can be monitored, actually.

Check my sig, for the monitoring thread, I tried to cover the what, why, and how. I also have information there for a few different monitor solutions.

I run a combination of Edge Insight CS, and 5 Autometer gauges (soon to be 6). A little overkill for your position.

·
Premium Member
20,344 Posts
I too have thought that it was limited... Someone got into the main settings and found out how to monitor oil temp and coolant temp... sounds interesting but I myself am not positive...
Something to look into atleast:thumb:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I was looking into the edge cts. Is that good? Can i monitor the eot and ect from there?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL while selling cummins but dreaming of powerstrokes!

·
Premium Member
20,344 Posts
Yes you can!

It is a very common/popular choice due to its touch screen and the ability to add a backup camera.
Also, you can add a Fuel pressure adapter and not have to run an additional mech gauge.

If money is tight... I would get the Edge CS! Same thing except without the touch screen and no backup camera availability.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
I was looking into the edge cts. Is that good? Can i monitor the eot and ect from there?

The Edge Insight CS or CTS is a great monitor, and you can monitor everything the 6.0L owner needs to know from that device. I suggest you add the EGT probe and pressure sender for Fuel Pressure as well, and have a complete package.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Cool! I may just go with a CS because I don't need a back up camera or a touch screen.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Cool! I may just go with a CS because I don't need a back up camera or a touch screen.

I have zero complaints about my CS. :thumb:

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
I have one. I dont get icp psi reading. Also some other pids would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
You should see ICP voltage, which is what the '03-'04 trucks run vise the conversion. I believe that the conversion factor is in the monitoring thread.

What PIDs would you like to see?

·
Beach Bum
2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
26,639 Posts
You should see ICP voltage, which is what the '03-'04 trucks run vise the conversion. I believe that the conversion factor is in the monitoring thread.

What PIDs would you like to see?
I do get the voltage for ipr. But being a former 7.3 guy, just habit of wanting to see psi over voltage. Sometimes DC% is nice. I have AE so I just use that to get the other readings and i'm drawing a blank atm of what. But for daily readings, icp psi would be nice imo.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts