Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
I also drive a CCLB DRW, mind you its an '07 (the '05-'07 trucks have a better coil spring front end). Not too bad with all things considered.

Think a bit on this though, its your first truck and you're still in school - prospectively going to college next. The CCSB will be much easier to keep driving on a college campus, due to parking.

I went longbed, well because I can't see the point in a SB DRW. Its more space, better relation to a GN or 5th wheel hitch (should you ever need one). Just when you think, I could've went SB, you have that one load come along that would have been two trips. (At least been that way for me)

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
And you are on the right path. Know what you are looking for, find the right truck, and enjoy it. (I'd lean toward a '05-'07, CCSB - unless you intend to GN or 5th with it in the future)

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
There is only so much room under the truck with a short box. And I'm pretty sure, from a safety standpoint (possibly legal) you can't have the tank under the cab at all.

You have a couple of options though, titan tank replacement, or a transfer tank in the bed (upto 98gal -if you sacrifice the bed/storage space).

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
CCSB SRW's are going to be very easy to find in those years, and will be a great truck for you. Just make sure you get the monitor, and don't buy someone's problem truck.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Yes, I think a CCSB SRW with 4x4 and the 6.0L would be a good fit. Just make sure its within your budget, and educate yourself before the purchase. Wait to find the right truck before you make the investment.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
What brand monitor are you guys running?
The PHPs FICM tuner is pretty limited in what can be monitored, actually.

Check my sig, for the monitoring thread, I tried to cover the what, why, and how. I also have information there for a few different monitor solutions.

I run a combination of Edge Insight CS, and 5 Autometer gauges (soon to be 6). A little overkill for your position.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
I was looking into the edge cts. Is that good? Can i monitor the eot and ect from there?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL while selling cummins but dreaming of powerstrokes!
The Edge Insight CS or CTS is a great monitor, and you can monitor everything the 6.0L owner needs to know from that device. I suggest you add the EGT probe and pressure sender for Fuel Pressure as well, and have a complete package.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Cool! I may just go with a CS because I don't need a back up camera or a touch screen.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL while selling cummins but dreaming of powerstrokes!
I have zero complaints about my CS. :thumb:

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
I have one. I dont get icp psi reading. Also some other pids would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
You should see ICP voltage, which is what the '03-'04 trucks run vise the conversion. I believe that the conversion factor is in the monitoring thread.

What PIDs would you like to see?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts