·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tried using the search but a million things come up

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
As long as its a good quality gauge digital or analog doesnt matter.

Ask far as accuracy between the two. My CTS is usuallly spot on with my analog trans temp gauge

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
id like to get a cts but $$ is a little tight

·
Registered
138 Posts
I gave up on digital gauges after numorous LED failures. They were Cyberdynes. The LEDs would gradually burn out one at a time till I was guessing what the readout was. This was on my old 6.9. Thought I'd give them another try 10 years later so I got their voltmeter for my 7.3, LEDs began to fail after only a couple weeks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I like analog (mechanical) gauges. A needle high or low on a scale will tell me more with a quick glance than just a number.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep you are right about that. I can remember when I had my digitals I would always be looking at the numbers however when there's a lot going on in the cab and on the road I would find my brain did not always process the information, or I would just keep thinking the number like when you are trying to remember a tape rule measurement while walking around looking for your saw. With the analog you just get used to how they read and you will notice anything abnormal at a glance.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
whats wrong with glowshifts??? i have 4,and ive had them for like 8 months..i have had no probs outta mine yet,i hope i didnt make a 300$ mistake:doh: i bought em for the mech side of it but also like the 7 diffrent colors it changes

·
Registered
138 Posts
whats wrong with glowshifts??? i have 4,and ive had them for like 8 months..i have had no probs outta mine yet,i hope i didnt make a 300$ mistake:doh: i bought em for the mech side of it but also like the 7 diffrent colors it changes
I don't know anything about Glowshift gauges, other than they look cool and I was tempted to get them.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for everyones imput, i never even thought about havin to look at it and actually reading the numbers instead of just being able to glance at them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts