Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dirtleg
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a digital climate control work in a manual climate truck not a dual climate one just digital

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yes, but you are in for a world of pain. You need a lot more than just the dash controls. You need the main controller, fan speed controller, air box, vacuum solenoids, temp sensor assembly, wiring harness, vacuum harness... I think even the heater valve and evap housing is different. If you have a donor truck with all the parts, it's possible, but you'd have to yank the whole dash at a minimum. It would be easier and probably cheaper to sell the truck and get a Lariat or King Ranch or something that has the electronic controls.

You're really better off without them though. They are prone to failure. I just had to change my fan controller at 39k on mine, and a friend had the main controller fail at 20k.

·
Dirtleg
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i figuried it would be a pain and thanks i just wont to make my reg cab a little different i really wont to put some harley seats in it but d a m n leather seats are pricey i just got an outlaw grill and plan on getting some harley lights

·
Registered
4 Posts
how much do those things cost? I think I might need one? My fan is stuck on high and wont shut off.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It's not the A/C module. It's the fan speed controller. They're about 40 bucks at the dealer. They're a bit of a pain to get to. You need to loosen the clamps holding the A/C accumulator and pry it out of the way to get to the screws that hold the controller down. A flexi shaft with a nutdriver end will make it a lot easier to remove the screws. There's just one wiring harness that plugs into it. It only takes 20-30 minutes to change, so it's definitely an easy DIY project..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts