Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have about three different questions on upgrades I'm looking to do to my 05 Front End converted 99 F350, and instead of starting three new threads, I just thought i'd put them all in one since they are all sorta the same category.....

#1 -- There's a guy locally parting out his wrecked 04 CC 250 and I was interested in buying his rear slider from him and swapping it into my truck (currently has no slider). The problem is that it is a power slider. How difficult would it be to wire in the power option? I don't necessarily need it since I have a Standard Cab, but what the hey...

#2 -- As stated above, my 99 has an 05 front end on it and I'm added the factory 05 foglights. My truck didn't come with them from the factory and since I like keeping everything as factory looking as possible I'd like to swap in a headlight switch with the foglight built in. The guy above has one he's willing to sell me, but it has the auto option.... What would it take to get the auto feature to work? (I know, I'm anal, but if I have the option to use it, I would like to be able to)

#3 -- I few months back, I bought an AIC from 907DAVE which I am just now getting ready to install in the truck. I went to mount it tonight and realized that there is no way I can mount it to the factory bracket with my 6spd tranny. Is there another bracket that they included with the manual trucks or am I just gonna have to fab my own mount?

Thanks for any help or info you guys can give me. I'm asking mainly for research right now to see If I wanna tackle this stuff.... I'm very mechanically and electrically inclined so I'm not really intimidated, just wanna make sure that if I do it, I do it right.

--Ryan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I an no expert here, but the rear window should be decently easy, you can buy the switch and wiring for it and all you need is power and ground to do it. But you will need the lower carpeted panel under the window as well for the motor to fit in there. I have been looking for a window for mine for ever, but nothing for under 400(the damaged ones are even that price) in my area. In all the reading I have done it seems to be a fairly easy swap. I have a switch and harness i can see if there is a part number on for you.

For the auto lights, i think that would be a pita, you would need a lot of wiring i think and find a light sensor and install it in the dash. It might not work with your pcm either, I am not sure if it is tied into the computer.

Hopefully some of that will help you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help man, I think I'll just keep looking for a manual slider... they're the same as the 150's i think.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Okay, the AIC must have a bracket that works with a ZF6. I drove a 2000 F550 that had the AIC. I don't know what the bracket you have looks like, but my bracket is well off center (excuse the different lower panel.)

I'm in the same boat with the autolamp/fogs. I think to make a standalone system, you'll need the lighting control module and light sensor from something like a ~2000 Crown Victoria. To actually wire it up will be a huge pain. Another option is to grab a fog light switch from something like a 91-94 Explorer and cut a hole into the bezel to mount it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Alberta. Mine bracket ooks the same but is offset the opposite way.... hopefully I can buy the manual bracket from Ford.... is that an 05+ lower dash panel?? I like the looks of that for the upfitter switches.

as fod the auto headlamps, I think I'll just stick to lookin for a fog light switch without the auto feature.

--Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts