Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
11,325 Posts
If it is a 99, and a diesel.. it is not the light duty f250.

There is nothing wrong with the early 99. I love mine.

Get the DP Tuner. You can tell it will get better mileage.. but as you can see from my sig.. you really won't unless you force yourself not to mod the truck.

· Premium Member
11,325 Posts
i chipped mine with a ts chip..eventually I get some reburns.
there is one flaw in an early 99.
if you get technical the cruise control light does not work....big deal.

if you go to a pmt1 or 2 pcm it does work, and the tranny shifts a lil better.

the brakes a re a lil diffferent to, but only matters when you order new rotors and such...
someone actually has the conversions for that too. but I never bothered.

a surge free turbo, and forged rods are perks of an early 99.
oh yeah..the cup holder really stinks on them too.
don't trust them to hold around any turn.
Cruise light does not work in all early 99's with a later pcm. :sad:

· Premium Member
11,325 Posts
I would not trade my Early bird special for anything.....I'm glad alabama frog said something about sitting higher. because thats the first thing I noticed on mine was the lean to the front, my blocks in the back are 1.5" higher than my dad's late 99.....People say that the turbo won't make as much pressure either from what I've read on here but I have no problem hitting 30 PSI in mine....If I had to do it again I would shop for NOTHING BUT a early 99 but coming in buying this one I had no idean there was a early and late and I became one of the few and one of the proud

Luke
I have a hard time trying to NOT hit 35-40psi.

I love my early 99. I like to think it's tougher than the late 99+. :rofl:

· Premium Member
11,325 Posts
yeah yeah... laugh it up.

As soon as I replace my turbo, fuel pump, send the chip in for some more tunes and stud this bad boy.. I'm going to be upset if I'm not tickling 550-575hp.

I'm determined to pull a Marty apparently.

Also, 35-40psi on this little turbo sounds nasty. It does not like it at all. No bearing noise (yet), just a sound like it isn't supposed to be doing that much pressure at those temps.

· Premium Member
11,325 Posts
What nozzles do you have on your injectors and what turbo are you going to turn to make said power? Do you tow at all with that thing?
Tow? Not really. But I'll be purchasing a 30ft 5ver soon.

Nozzles? This is something we can talk about offline. I may be wanting to change up some stuff and I don't want to be public about it JUST yet. I'll pm you sometime this weekend.

· Premium Member
11,325 Posts
If you put more fuel to the early 99 turbo, she will surge. I can promise that. On certain tunes, I can get her to surge at 10psi. Granted, I am pushing 230cc+.

With AD injectors, the early 99 will surge when pulling. Not anywhere near as bad as the late 99, but it will surge. With the early 99 AB injectors, I never noticed any surge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.